Senior Lead Engineer - Material Engineering (8-10 yrs)
Job Location : Bengaluru
Experience : 8-10 years
Role : Materials Engineering - Sr. Lead Engineer
Primary Responsibilities :
- Should have strong technical expertise and familiar with polymer compounding/ formulation development.
- Responsible for development of new formulation for fabric coating and improved process for custom polymer compounds.
- Shall have experience on R&D level of coating extrusion/ lamination and coating process.
- Develop technical specifications required for established coating formulations products.
- Expert in polymer and structure property relationship as screening tool to develop new compounds.
- Expertise in process development and technology transfer from lab to plant scale.
- Documentation and preparation of material specifications for coated fabric materials.
- Participate in development of scale up, qualifying the process per testing plan and procedure, data analysis, and communicating the results.
- Should have a working knowledge of polyurethane based chemical formulations, including ingredients/ surfactants in cable/ textile/ rubber coating application.
- Identify the scope of improvement in supplier coating operation and initiate projects for productivity improvement, cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Work with technical staffs, operate extruder, mixer and injection moulding and ancillary equipment with a variety of work specification to produce compounded material, test coupons or other prototypes / parts from final compound.
- Help to maintain laboratory processing equipment in good working condition.
- Flexible and volunteering to work on different problems/tasks with cross functional team and seek new challenges.
- Exposure to Testing equipment's like Instron, TGA /DSC, FTIR, etc..
- Knowledge of various testing methods like ASTM, ISO, DIN and exposure to testing of Plastic and Rubber compounds using these standards.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with EHS regulations and in accordance with Quality.