Co-Founder at Mantras2Success.com
Views:472 Applications:100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Senior Manage/Head - Technical & Design - Steel Mill (5-10 yrs)
Role : Head Technical and Design
Designation : Senior Manager/Head - Technical and Design
Department : Technical
Reporting to : Director
Reportees : Team of Design and R&D
Job summary :
The purpose of this role is to undertake following across all plants :
- Ensure the finalization the design as well as operational requirements of the products
- To identify and adopt new technological developments and also technology improvement in existing products
- Ensure the product design is as per the customer requirements
- Support at the pre-tendering stage for technical specifications
- Responsible for the adherence of the product development process
- Continuously identify opportunities for improving product profitability by way value engineering/value analysis
- Ensure product quality adherence to new products in the plant as well as on customer sites.
- New Project and Capital Investment
Working relationship with Director :
- To discuss plans and strategies technological up-gradation and R&D and its execution plans with long terms perspective
- To support for the formation of short term product strategy based on identified synergies between existing products and market dynamics
- To identify and plan for Annual CAPEX and any new project and its implementation.
- To make a long-term business plan of the company and projections of Investments/resource requirements and capabilities enhancement and talent acquisitions.
Working relationship with Engineering :
- To advise for internal working for component & tool cost for giving quotations to the customer.
Working relationship with Production Planning & Control (PPC) :
- Continuously determine ways to improve product portfolio
- Continuously scan, identify, evaluate, and recommend new products, new technologies, and new concepts.
- Design and develop new products based on market requirement/technology advancement.
- Evaluation of competitor product analysis and recommend the changes required.
- Identify, plan, and monitor product up-gradation and modification based on field and shop floor feedback.
- Identify and implement Value Engg. Initiatives to improve profitability and / or performance.
- Undertake improvement/development initiatives to achieve international product benchmarks
Working relationship with Sales and Marketing :
- Responsible for providing support to marketing for sectors
- Support for preparing and clarifying technical specifications.
- Technical evaluation of tenders/inquiries and offer the most suitable solutions.
- Prepare technical data for the preparation of Sales literature.
- Training to dealers/sales engineers/customers on technical aspects.
- Manage customer visits for technical discussion
- Take feedback regarding areas of improvement from marketing and make improvement plans to provide better product and service to customers
Working relationship with Accounts :
- To support accounts in price costing and pricing processes.
Working relationship with Quality :
- Monitoring the development of the lab data for all the products (existing and new)
- Support Product management and R&D in decisions regarding the feasibility of the launch of the products
- To analyses customer complaints and support in solutions
- Ensure the technical training of marketing team and customers to educate them on the benefits of the products of the organization
- To support the implementation of the Quality Management System
Working relationship with Customer :
- To update customers on technological changes and their benefits.
- To drive towards the technological leaders in the product profile.
- To maintain interaction flow with customer
- To understand and discuss new requirements of the customer and his inclination towards new products and technical up gradation in future business plans
Key Authorities :
- Departmental Budgeting,
- To attend seminars and exhibition
- To build a robust team of Design and R&D and to create future leaders.
- Leave sanctioning of his team members.
- Rewarding and recognizing the Good work of his team members.
Key Performance area :
- Marketing planning and driving revenue growth
- To Understand the technical requirements of the products and incorporate the same at the design stage. To understand the customer requirements at the marketing stage, develop the product specification, design & develop the product, facilitate pilot lot manufacturing, field trial, pilot marketing, product launch, and productization of new product.
- To Monitor the development of promotional material for new products (technical brochures, its contents, articles, conducting seminars, etc.)
- To establish a process for continuously collecting & analyzing potential/existing technical improvement opportunities by generating competition and technology data.
- To review critically the inquiry & sales MIS from sales team & using the information for any technical up gradation in the product value engineering activities (Identification & execution).
People Development :
- To form an appropriate robust team of Design and R&D through right talent acquisitions
- To identify training needs and plan for the training of team members (Need-based all members across all plants) from the perspective of business needs.
- To resolve the interpersonal operation issues of team members
- To identify future leaders and make succession planning
- To work and continuous review for team engagement and satisfaction
- To ensure a work-life balance of team members
- To make communication channels for maintaining flawless communication flow.
- To reward and recognize the team and keep people motivated.
- To establish the grievance redressal procedure
- Customer relationship and their satisfaction
- To develop self-designed and customize parameters for Internal and external customer satisfaction and enriching the mutual relations at every level at both ends
- To develop communication channels with the customer for maintaining communication flow
- To develop MIS mechanism with mutual understanding
- To design key processes for enhancement of technological knowledge
- Units at all Locations Identify CAPEX needs & timely implementation every year
- Create an Annual Improvement Plan in processes and equipment.
- Identify automation needs for various processes.
- Reporting and MIS
- To make monthly MIS for the Director and board.
- To maintain and submit reports to director plans v/s achievements
- To report Monthly profile of his function
- To plan for bridging the gap if any
Competencies requirement :
Educational qualifications : BE/ME Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics from a good institute
Technical qualifications : Exposure and inclination towards automation/ process improvements desired.
Experience : Minimum of 5 years- experience.
Behavioral : Leadership, effective communication, Technical acumen, and proactive attitude towards business. Liking towards New technological up-gradation and value engineering.