Talent Acquisition at StarTrails Consulting
Views:758 Applications:92 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
Senior Manager/Deputy General Manager - Process Safety Management - Chemical (14-25 yrs)
For Our esteemed Client is India's leading pioneers in the introduction of granular formulations in India and are the largest sellers.
Products includes Agro-Chemicals, Fungicides, Herbicides & Speciality.
Position Title : Process Safety Engineer (PSM)
This is hard-core Process Safety Management (PSM) Role. Those Having EHS Safety Roles Should Not Apply.
Grade : Sr Manager / DGM
Location : Bharuch / Baroda
Industry : Fine Chemical / API / Agro Chemical / Speciality Chemicals Only.
Qualification : B.Tech Chemical with mandatory ADIS / PDIS / NEBOSH / RLI / MTech in Industrial Safety
Position Purpose :
- The Lead Process Safety is responsible for identifying concerns for implementing process safety control measures, ensuring fulfillment of all statutory obligations relating to process safety and monitoring & driving corrective and preventive actions to enhance process safety adherence & compliance.
Strategic Responsibilities :
- Identify concerns for implementation of Process Safety control measures at various stages of Process life cycle at site
- Assist and advice Head EHS Assurance in the fulfilment of statutory or all other obligations concerning Material and Process Safety
- Monitor evaluation of high consequent hazards which are characteristic of material and chemistry involved and those that are characteristic of the process variable
Operational Responsibilities :
- Identify and propose objectives and targets in the areas of Process Safety
- Suggest safeguards for risk reduction measures to acceptable levels
- Establish safety requirements and inspection checklists for site
- Implement Process Safety Performance Index on key parameters including functionality tests of Instruments
- Ensure timely investigation Process Safety Incidents, identification of corrective actions for deviations and monitor implementation
Financial Responsibilities :
- Maintain the relevant expenditure on Process Safety Aspects on studies as per approved budget
People Responsibilities :
- Ensure safety & high productivity at the workplace
- Facilitate initiatives for training need identification and building requisite skills & competencies through systematic training & skill-upgradation initiatives for the team
- Actively drive, in conjunction with the Senior Management Team, the performance management process of the team
- Recognize & reward excellent performers & affirm key contributions of employees toward the achievement of goals & objectives of the team
- Inspire & motivate employees through demonstrated commitment to Co's values, vision & mission and active participation in various team engagement activities
Functional Competencies :
- Good understanding on tools of Process Hazard Analysis like HAZOP, FTA, ETA, What-if analysis and Risk Assessments
- Hands on experience on Risk Assessments of High consequence events
- Awareness on standards and codes on Process Safety, CCPS and applicable NFPA guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of data from Process tests involving DSC, RC, TSU and material safety data involving Dust explosion, MIE, Powder Resistivity, Layer ignition, Ignition sensitivity, Explosion severity
Interaction Complexity and Team Work :
- Head EHS Assurance, EHS Assurance Representatives
- Fortnightly/ Monthly
- Discuss recent Process Safety measures and department's roadmap
- Government organizations, NGOs, Industry Associations, Quality Management and Standards Bodies, Other Statutory Officers
- As required by the business
- Discuss recent Process Safety measures
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.