Consultant at Hunter-Z Research Private Limited
Views:386 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Senior Manager/Head - Control Panel (15-30 yrs)
Controls Head / Sr Manager
Experience : 15+ Years
Job Purpose :
Controls Head / Sr Manager plays the lead role in planning of man power, executing, monitoring and controlling the panel building activities. They are accountable for full kit and on-time delivery of control panels to honour the company's objective and to get customer satisfaction which in turn enhances the Profitability, Sustainability and Brand of the company.
Required Exposure in :
- Minimum of 15 Years of experience in panel building domain, of which at least 05 years- experience in Man power management and Planning is mandatory.
Qualifications : Education: BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical Stream
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Ability to guide/ train sub ordinates in reading instructions represented in manuals, drawings, schematics etc. and follow them with precision is extremely important.
- Should possess good planning skills using Microsoft Excel/ Projects and/or ERP tools.
- Ability to handle workmen
- Knowledge in different kinds of machines, power tools and their applications
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Should possess very good Verbal, Written, Listening and Presentation skills.
Roles of a Controls Head / Sr Manager :
- To determine the requirements of men, material and equipment.
- Prepares schedules according to the needs of Projects plan.
- Arranging various inputs at a right time and in right quantity.
- Making most economical use of various inputs.
- To achieve coordination among various departments relating to panel building.
- To make all arrangements to remove possible obstacles in the way of smooth panel building.
- To achieve economy in production cost and time.
- Give feedback to controls designer wrt the issues / challenges faced during panel building
Detailed Responsibilities :
a. Prior initiating the panel building activities, ensure the following are very clear.
- Engineering calculations associated with current carrying capacity of cables, wires, fuses and other circuit protective devices
- Single and three-phase circuits, earth circuits, insulating and conducting materials, switch fuses and isolators.
- Electrical wiring diagrams, symbols, engineering drawings and layout drawings for electrical systems.
- Use of test equipment and measuring instruments.
- Basic workshop practice, engineering materials, conduit and wiring.
- Industrial hazards, safety and health precautions, and environmental concerns.
- Installation practice and regulations, and relevant codes of practice.
- Relevant ordinances and regulations
b. Monitor / Guide the team for the following activities :
- Dimension and layout of back panels and enclosures
- Mounting of components to back panels and enclosures
- Routing and bundling of wire and cables neatly to meet wiring standards
- Point to point wiring of relays, controls, PLCs, I/O Modules, VFDs, Interfaces, &Instrumentation
c. Ensure Panel building is completed as per drawings.
d. Plan priorities, workflow as per Projects schedule
e. Identify and report operational and maintenance problems to prevent production delays.
f. Develop or update standard operating procedures and best practices for Panel building
g. Ensure that all equipment, materials and supplies are readily and continuously available to carry out panel building activities.
h. Address employee concerns and complaints in professional manner
i. Assist in interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
j. Optimize panel building operations to meet quality and performance standards.
k. Assist in documenting all work instructions and procedures abiding Quality Management system.
l. Ensure safety measures and procedures are followed to reduce unexpected incidents / accidents.
m. Ensure Panel testing is done, document the same and circulate the test report to all internal and external stake holders as per quality management systems
n. Should ensure cleanliness of electrical shop floor and to use calibrated / efficient tools only