Founder & CEO at SkyBeam Consulting Services
Views:446 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Senior Manager Instrumentation - DCS/PLC (22-26 yrs)
Job Description :
- Regular Instrument maintenance of DCS/ PLC and all Instrumentation Panels, Electronic Instruments, Control valves etc. etc. Vendor development, Familiar with QMS/EMS/SMS etc. in chemical/ petrochemical/ Fertilizer manufacturing plants.
- Lead & manage a team of Instrumentation/ Telecom engineers & designers
- Closely work with Project team & Detail engineering contractor to deliver the work.
- Proposal engineering, vendor coordination & costing
- Reviewing of all drawings and documents submitted by detailed engineering consultant
- Reviewing of all drawings and documents submitted by Instrumentation/ Telecom/ Package vendors
- Prepare/Review all deliverables (Datasheets, Specifications, MR, TBE, Purchase Requisitions, various layouts & drawings, Bulk MTOs, Erection Work Volume, Control System related documents, Sizing calculations etc.) pertaining to
- Instrumentation & Telecom
- Interface with other disciplines viz. Electrical, Piping, Mechanical (Static/Rotating), HVAC, HSE, Quality/HSE, Construction, Inspection team for Inputs/ Outputs and solving technical issues
- Project site visit (generally for short term) to provide engineering/ commissioning (if required) support
Able to comply the quality requirement of the Engineering and the Project involved :
- Value Engineering
- Management function
- Attend project meetings.
- Monitor of work by review of DCI & MCI, schedule activities, Provide input to progress reports and catch-up plans.
- Monitor and control costs attributed to Instrumentation. Initiate change order for variation to scope and intimate the same to project team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops contingency plans
- Guide team to deliver Instrumentation work
- Client Focus and relationship function:
- Attend review meetings, document approval with client and detail engineering contractor.
- Interface with client to resolve technical issues.
Knowledge : Thorough knowledge of all aspects of complex refinery Projects
Field Instrumentation :
- Pressure Gauge (Bourdon, Diaphragm, Capsule etc.) with accessories, Pressure Transmitter etc.
- RTD/ Thermocouple, Temperature Transmitter, Temperature Gauge, Thermowell etc.
- Orifice Plate & Meter Run Assembly, Flow Nozzle, Venturi Meter, DP Flow Transmitter, Ultrasonic Flow Meter, PD Meter, Coriolis Flow Meter, Thermal Mass Flow Meter, Vortex Flow Meter, Rota Transmitter, By-Pass Rota Meter, Magnetic Flow Meter, Average Pitot Tube, Turbine Meter, V-Cone Meter etc.
- Level Gauge, Displacer, GWR, RADAR, Servo Gauge, Level Switch, DP Level Transmitter etc.
- Control Valve
- Shutdown/ Blowdown/ On-Off Valve
- Motor Operated Valve
- Ram Valve, Slide Valve
- Safety & Relief Valve
- F&G Detectors & FACP
- Instrument & FO Cable
- Junction Box
- Pressure, Temperature, Level & Flow Instruments
- Candidate should be competent enough to provide cost effective, value addition suggestion adding value to EPC project.
- Involvement in FEED, Detail Engineering, Pre-bid projects.
- Strong technical skills.
- Knowledge of good engineering & global practices followed in Electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of Local Statutory compliance related to process plants.
- Strong understanding of plant safety and able to implement safety in plant design.
- Good knowledge of industry codes and standards namely; IEC, BS, BIS, IEEE, API, ANSI, OISD, CEA, Shell DEP, EIL Standards, PDIL Standards etc.
- Leadership and management skills
- Strong verbal, written communications and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft word & excel.
- Analyzers: Oil in Water, Water in Oil, Moisture, PH, TSS, Dissolved O2, CEMS, GC etc.
- Machine & Condition Monitoring System
- e- governor System
- Tank Gauging & Overfill Protection System
- Metering Skid & Prover
Sizing and Calculations :
- Cv, Relief Device, Orifice Plate, Thermowell Wake Frequency in SPI/ Instrucalc
- Intrinsic Safety (allowable cable length/ voltage drop) Calculation and
- FF Segment Calculation
- Level Sketch
- Hook-up Drawing, Support/ Installation Drawing
- Bulk MTO
- Cable/ JB Schedule
- Various Layouts
- Erection Work Volume
Control Systems :
- DCS, ESD, Fire & Gas PLC & FACP
- Point Database, Instrument Index, I/O List, Serial Port Tag List etc.
- Wiring & Segment Drawing for HART & FF
- Functional Loop Schematic & Loop Drawing
- MCC Interconnection Schedule
- Verification/ checking of Cause & Effect Diagram (ESD & F&G) and Control Narrative
- Logic Diagram, Safety Requirement Specification (SRS)
- Graphics, Group & Trending Summary and Alarm-Trip Summary
- System Architecture Drawing
- Review of General Arrangement Drawing of panels and various System related hardwares like Barrier/ Isolator/ Interposing Relay, I/O Card, Controller, Cabinet, Console, Work-Station/ Engineering-Station, Line Monitoring feature and many other vendor documents
- Knowledge of HSE studies like HAZID/ HAZOP/ QRA, SIL etc.
- Knowledge of Functional Safety
- Good Knowledge of Industrial codes and standards like API, ISA, OISD & EIL
Communication Protocols :
- HART, Wireless, Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus DP & PA, Modbus RTU & TCP/ IP
- Various Telecommunication Systems like CCTV, PAGA, Telephone, Access Control, Intrusion Detection, RADIO & Satellite Communication etc.
- Cross functional Competence requirement:
- Understanding of Inputs and interface with various disciplines Project management, Planning, Civil, Electrical,Piping, Mechanical & Process.