Senior Manager - Power Resources (14-15 yrs)
Job Description :
- An MNC comany in data Center Business is hiring for a Senior Manager Power Resources who will be responsible for Company's power requirement budget 400 Cr. per year and develop and implement comprehensive integrated resource plans, including procurement and integration of renewable power supplies.
- The Power Resource Manager plays a key role in maintaining reliable, affordable, and sustainable electricity service to pan India operations while complying with national, state and local level regulations and policies.
- This role reports to Head of Datacenter Ops. The Power Resource Manager manages related regulatory requirements, including monitoring and providing input to emerging regulatory requirements; company's retail and wholesale power requirements; and coordinates with various power utilities companies. The Power Resources Manager is a manager, a planner, a negotiator, an analyst, a communicator, and a leader and collaborator across disciplines.
- Good experience in the electric utility industry: bulk power system operation, including coordination of power production and transmission; financial and economic analysis of power resources; production costing;
- Have good senior level relationship within power eco-system, Govt and Pvt electricity boards, power exchanges and private power producers
- Have signed power deals / power purchase agreements (PPAs) of at least 1 million unit
- Effectively interact and negotiate with energy and fuel suppliers (renewable and non-renewable),
- Responsible for managing and accurately calculating the monthly power usage pattern
- Analyse complex problems, prepare MIS and various kinds of other reports for management in-sight,
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the power market industry, particularly aspects related to generation, transmission, distribution, and fuel supply, as well as understanding key energy industry issues, including opportunities, threats and trends.
- To study and arrive right mix of renewable and conventional energy sourcing.
- Should be able to evaluate bids both techno-commercially to arrive right vendor for power sourcing
- Responsible for the overall development of annual operating budget for all power supply related costs as well as 3 to 5 years projections.
- National and State regulations pertaining to the electrical and natural gas utility industries;
- Knowledge of financial modelling on the overall power usage and familiarity with statistics, fore-casting methods to optimize the overall power cost
- Good understanding of engineering and economic principles related to energy sector,
- Ready to work with various stake holders and under pressure & capable to make independent judgments and decisions,
- Manages the planning, development, tendering and contracts for acquiring electric power, transmission, fuel transportation, and fuel; participates in the development of department strategies;
- Perform effectively in time-sensitive situations and meet deadlines; coordinate multiple projects and complex tasks simultaneously so that projects and reports are completed in a thorough, concise, timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to work as a team player and strive to deliver excellent customer services to both internal and external clients.
- Experience in setting up new electrical substation would be an added advantage
Minimum Qualifications & Characteristics :
- Master's degree in electrical / Mechanical engineering with an emphasis on power systems.
- Minimum 15 plus years of related experience in the utility or power industries including regulatory agencies.
- Basic understanding of electrical concepts like substation, feeder, transmission, HT/LT panel, electrical components
- Ready to travel extensively at all the work locations approx.. 40%-50% of time
- Inquisitiveness and the ability and willingness to exercise independent judgment and initiative related to work assignments.
- Expertise in complex, analysis-intensive integrated resource planning, power purchase and trans-mission contract negotiation, and wholesale power market participation.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Experience in successfully communicating complex technical and operational issues to non-expert policy-makers and stakeholders.
- Experience in proactive communication with executive management on emerging challenges and opportunities, issue updates, and strategic direction.
- Sound ethical and business judgment while demonstrating creative problem solving and mature professional communications.
Those interested may apply of call on 8451801646.