Regional Recruitment Manager at Hire4mnc
Views:148 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Senior Manager - Warehouse & Distribution (5-10 yrs)
From our client :
We are a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, we take a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement.
General job summary :
The W&D manager works with Managers (i.e., Operations, Quality Control) and Supervisors to implement monitor and enhance all aspects of support to include operational performance, safety, security, productivity, cost control, customer service, and continuous improvement. The W&D Manager is the primary point of contact between the customer and the Company. He/she has management authority, responsibility, and oversight of all contractual tasks. Responsible to identify, review and then follow internal policy to make contract revisions. This position requires the exercise of independent judgment, decision-making, and discretion.
Job Duties :
- Manages at least 2 full time direct reports.
- Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Preparing, maintaining and communicating all operational goals and company Standard Operations Procedures.
- On-going management of facility fiscal performance (Profit and Loss), yearly budget preparation.
- Monitoring space utilization/layout and maximizing usage/making recommendations.
- Managing, coaching, mentoring, developing staff to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Overseeing the recruitment and new hire process and ensuring/reinforcing the Company culture is being fostered in the facility.
- Monitoring and ensuring departmental/facility performance metrics are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of all necessary reports and records regarding facility operations.
- Developing, implementing and directing; equipment preventative maintenance programs, safety programs, and facility building/grounds maintenance programs.
- Responsible to identify, review and then follow internal policy to make contract revisions.
- Monitoring facility purchasing process to include: auditing, guideline compliance, and approval; creating programs to maximize cost saving for the Company and customers.
- Ensures facility is maintained to industry regulatory specifications, if required.
- Responsibility to continuously support, review and enhance safety of operation.
- Support and enhance workforce optimization program (WFO) to drive improved Units Per Labor Hour Performance.
- Advise and direct team to improve process efficiency leveraging engineering time studies per process.
- Continuously develop and support Performance Coaching and Observation program (PCO) for operations team.
- Evaluate and recommend new technology enhancements to the operational process that result in improved efficiency and quality.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and experience :
- Master's Degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or other related operations discipline like MBA in Operations and logistics is strongly preferred.
- Span of control is at facility level.
- A minimum of eight (5) years of proven management experience, preferably in a large, high volume logistics environment responsible for WMS, QDM, LMS, WFO, PCO, P&L and talent management of managers.
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels, in support of our customer relationships.
- Demonstrated self-confidence, particularly with client relationships; strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, teammates, customers, and the general public.
- A proven track record of mentoring and development of direct reports and subordinates.