Senior Piping Designer (2-10 yrs)
Designation: Senior Piping Designer
Type: Full Time
- Produce the various discipline deliverables to the agreed schedule.
- Apply recognised offshore engineering practices applicable to piping design and topside/plant layout.
- Apply good interpersonal skills, liaising with members of other disciplines and departments.
- Apply an awareness and willingness to work as a team member
- Quality Assurance - work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
Essential Skills/Experience :
- Diploma of engineering or equivalent
- Familiar with the prime drivers related to offshore topsides layout design
- Minimum 2 years proven experience of detailed piping design gained with design contractors and/or oil/gas companies within the petrochemical industry particularly with respect to offshore oil and gas installations.
- A thorough knowledge of the codes and standards and a good understanding of offshore engineering practices applicable to topsides piping design for oil and gas facilities.
- A member of a piping design team on at least two major Greenfield projects offshore with a recognised company within the Oil & Gas Industry
- A minimum of 1 years experience as a user of the 3D CAD modelling and 2D drafting system applicable to piping layout and design.
- A committed team player able to work on own initiative with the minimum of supervision
- Exposure to fabrication, construction and installation activities although detailed involvement is not essential.