SBU Head at Kopal Consultants LLP
Views:43 Applications:6 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Principal Component Engineer (10-15 yrs)
Job Description :
The Sr. Principal Component Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies related to selection, processing and testing a wide range of Electronics & Electro-Mechanical Components. Develop commodity roadmaps by conducting research on various component categories. Manage process to setup new parts based on design standards set for each component category, suggest alternate parts from database. Responsible for maintaining part database count & running part reuse program.
- Identifies and solves problems related to performance or selection of components, including failure analysis.
- Ensures specific parts used in manufactured products and systems are reliable and effective. Work is involved during the production, research, development, compliance, and design stages of manufacturing.
- Acts as a technical resource for Electronics/Electro-Mechanical components related selection/issues relevant to Company products.
- Trains and develops other engineers in use of engineering practices and is a recognized technical expert inside and outside of the greater organisation community.
- Represents Organisation to scientific and technical communities.
- Utilize project management methods to complete assignments, plan, direct or coordinate activities of functional area as part of a corporate cross-functional project.
- Work with Design team - turning research ideas into technical plans using computer aided design(CAD) and computer modelling programs.
The Sr. Principal Component Engineer responsibilities include :
- Assessing the manufacturability of new and existing products to achieve a cost effective and reliable product in electro-mechanical assembly environment based on component knowledge.
- Component selection & assigning preference code for use in NPI's.
- Support component quality and thus support Operations Quality organizations with regard to component quality development, maintenance, as well as failure analysis and resolution activities.
- Experience with manufacturing processes and initiatives such as six sigma, and statistical process control is important.
- Candidate should have some experience in Project Management (schedules & budgeting). Interface with customers, team members, and suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Masters preferred. 10 or more years of related experience.
Key Skills needed:
- Specialization in the technology area related to Electronics & Electro-Mechanical components.
- Eight years of experience in hardware development. Three years of experience in Component Engineering.
- Knowledge of qualification of electronic components and associated processes.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to work with customers and suppliers.
- Desired applicant should have strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Substantial experience in system or product design; from concept, through to detail design, to scale-up and volume manufacturing
- Intuitive understanding of risk management