Assistant Manager at Randstad India
Views:8 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Process Engineer - Chemicals (13-20 yrs)
Role & Responsibilities :
- Leading a team of Process engineers for Basic / Detailed engineering of Hydrogen, Ammonia, Methanol & Sulphur Recovery Plant
- Review of Clients tender documents, verification of FEED design & calculations.
- Aware of relevant international codes and regulations and their applicability.
- Candidate to have experience of Process Design Package development/Review process involving technical discussions with the Licensor/Client.
- Basic & detail Design Engineering activities for the assigned project in accordance with the Company established procedures. Process Design including process simulations (Aspen Plus preferred), design calculations, Process Optimization, sizing & selection of equipment etc. for Tenders (as required) and for awarded Projects.
- Preparation of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P & I Diagrams, Process Datasheets Specifications for Equipment and Instruments, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Control Philosophies, Shutdown Philosophies, Operation & Maintenance Manuals etc.
- Checking of the Process Engineering Deliverables
- Evaluation of vendors quotations and documents, clarifications, Technical Bid Analysis etc
- Lead the PFD/P&ID review meetings internally and externally with client. Participate in the HAZARD/HAZOP review, process and other safety evaluations and 3D Piping Model Reviews.
- Coordinating functional issues across other engineering disciplines, vendors, contractors, Project Management Consultants during various stages of project execution.
- Ensuring planned engineering (process) progress with respect to the engineering deliverables for Tenders (as required) and awarded Projects, process engineering planning & scheduling, preparation of progress reports, manpower & resource forecasts, time schedules of engineers, utilization of resources effectively & efficiently.
- Participate and plan field-commissioning activities and Start-up
- Domestic and international travel (estimated at 10 15%) to customer locations and to plant sites for Operational Readiness Inspections, startup support, Performance Guarantee Test Run etc.
Preferred candidate profile :
- Bachelors/ Masters or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 13 to 20 years prior experience and preferably majority of it in Hydrogen, Ammonia, Methanol and Sulphur Recovery Plant Process Design/Engineering
- Experience as a Process Discipline Lead Engineer for Basic & Detail engineering of at least one project on Ammonia, Methanol & Sulphur Recovery Plant is a necessity
- Candidate must have good interpersonal and communication skills, with good commercial and fiscal awareness