MD at Prodigy Recruitment Consultancy
Views:149 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Senior Procurement Manager - Wastewater Treatment (8-10 yrs)
Our client provides integrated solutions for water, waste water, effluent & sewage management and solid waste management and is one of the few companies of India, having the capability to Build, Operate & Maintain water utilities on a 24x7 basis, catering industrial, commercial, municipal & domestic consumers to contribute towards building a "water positive footprint"
We are currently Hiring for a Senior Procurement Manager having 8-10 years of experience and must have previously worked in EPC Companies with Contracting experience.
Job descriptions :
1. Procurement Planning
- Work in close consultation with CFO and Head of Departments and plan the budgetary requirements for the business line annually as well as quarterly, so as to optimize cost and reducing lead time.
- Identify areas for possible savings and develop an annual cost reduction plan for all procurement activities.
2. Vendor/Contractor Development & Management
- Prepare Vendor/Contractor Master and prepare vendor development plans factoring all related costs to gain overall cost advantage.
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future.
- Develops and enforces supplier/vendor guidelines and service level agreements for the organization.
- Identify preferred suppliers/ vendors and enters into partnership with them for overall cost optimization
3. Other Activities
- Ensure hard negotiation and best terms with each supplier/contractor every time a PO / WO is to be issued
- Ensure that the Comparative Sheet and the Approval Sheet contains all necessary details and remarks/justification of the Procurement Team
- Ensure all set procedure are followed and deviation, if any is reported to the Reporting Head and the CEO.
- Drive the process of comparing prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers based on availability, quality and cost
- Ensures maintenance of records associated with inventory tracking, ordering / re-ordering, and budget tracking as per company norms/procedures
- Ensure all inactive POs and WOs are foreclosed, in consultation with the respective HODs.
Behavioral Competences :
- Must have eye for details and diligence.
- Must be fast and accurate.
- Delivering within deadlines and ability to work with Multiple deadlines
- Ability to work with different team members.
- Ability to create strong working relationships
- Strong written and communication skills.
- IT Savvy, MS Office expertise.
Experience : 8 to 10 Years
Qualification : Graduate Engineer / Diploma Engineer of any discipline with hands on experience in water/waste water treatment related procurement activities