Director at Augusta Infotech
Views:210 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Senior Product Development Engineer - Mechanical/Mechatronics (7-12 yrs)
Job Description :
Hiring, Senior Product Development Engineer from the background of Mechanical / Mechatronics, exp b/w 10-15yrs.
- Bachelor degree (Mechanical) required and Master is preferred
- Knowledge about various phases of product realization and product development
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art design tools such as 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD), modelling, Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing (GD&T), electrical & electronic design and Simulation
- Basic knowledge in manufacturing process (machining, molding, stamping, plating, etc.) will be a plus.
- Basic knowledge in material (metal/plastic) properties will be a plus.
- Knowledge of transmission line/signal integrity concepts is necessary completing required tasks.
- Familiarity with quality tools (FMEA, 6sigma, DOE, 8D- ) will be a plus.
Mandatory Skills :
- 7 to 12 years working experience as new product development related position and 3+ years of working experience on product developing of high-speed connector\cable\cable assembly.
- Experience on working closely with the SI engineering team and capable of SI test report reviewing\ root cause analysis for SI performance failure.
- This position is highly technical and requires an individual who can work independently.
- Experience on product compliance certification (Product, Safety, Environment substance control)
- Experience in design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA), design for cost (DFC), design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Previous experience building and sustaining high-performing multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
Technical capabilities / Expert functional/domain knowledge :
- Application Engineering: Ability to understand customer requirements & offer engineering solutions
- Working together with global team.
- Optimizing engineering & innovation: Defining & managing IP strategy & constantly improving products through R&D
- Building people capability: Training and mentoring engineers with the necessary skill set, assuring succession & workforce planning & organizational capability
- Quality controller: Ability to assure quality for services, labels & labs
- Good presentation skills with usage of PowerPoint
- Manage the complete product development life cycle (starting from voice of customer, ideation, Design Conceptualization, Creation of product specifications, 3D design, Prototyping, Product testing, Product qualification, Project Execution & Sustenance till product end of life)
- Understand market and customer needs by fostering a connection between the business engineering teams and the customer engineering teams
- Work closely with customer/sales/FAE/PM in getting the right and clear VOC (voice of customer), make engineering evaluation/proposal to customer.
- Maintain a System level understanding of customer application and the cable design/concept necessary for providing a solution to the customers expectation.
- Follow LEANPD Project Process to support project team from PDE perspective to complete Project (NPI or Sustaining) on time, quality and budget. Drive the development and release of product, scale-up through stage-gate reviews, ensuring milestone commitments are maintained.
- Technical support to customer, sales, PM and plant team. Conduct necessary test, engineering analysis, trouble shooting and verification.
- Work with global manufacturing resources, procurement, and outside suppliers to meet all technical, quality, and cost objectives
- Apply engineering best practice to reduce cost and sustain exiting products to meet customers cost targets.