Consultant at Michael Page
Views:347 Applications:41 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Senior Project Architect - Interior Design (10-15 yrs)
Location : Mumbai - should have no issue with extended stays at project locations
Purpose of the role :
This position requires to take charge of the complete architecture, construction and services implementations of assigned projects and handover the same in good quality and time as per schedule. To review and issue design drawings, technical documentation prepared and provided by external consultants. To assist the Lead Architect, internal teams and external consultants with planning, designing, and implementation of the assigned project. To take charge of the construction activities and ensure all information is available in advance. To resolve all site related issues and documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Shall be in charge of end to end completion of assigned project i.e.architecture, facade, site development and all general utilities.
- Control, review and issue all working drawings, good for construction drawings, technical drawings, administrative documents etc.
- To prepare and follow up schedules and arrange for all drawings,documents and data as per schedule. Ensure work is carried out in time.
- Orange and Red flag delays and in case of delays and plan mitigation plans. Ensure timely, cost efficient delivery of projects.
- Coordinate with consultant architects, structural consultants, MEP Consultants, other consultants etc.
- Run Tender process pertaining to scope of work.
- Prepare list of project deliverables and ensure same is available as per project schedule.
- Work on drawings, layouts and detailing in AutoCad, Sketchup and Photoshop.
- Provide general design support for completion and execution of architectural design projects.
- Help to develop architecture design concepts.
- Shall be Responsible for motivating and managing site execution teams along with Construction manager.
- To support the management in running the architectural projects
- To Act as independent project architect with support from senior Team for select projects.
- To support with preparation of cost and quality estimates. Leads production of schematic design, design development and construction documents
- Prepare, Coordinate and maintain project schedule
- Coordinate with all the consultants
- Oversees construction phases of projects
- Actively seek new design and construction methods
- Keeping up to date with new developments in the design industry.
- Independently evaluate, select and apply architectural techniques,procedures, and modifications.
- To take responsibility for leading and managing projects from concept design stage, through development of design and all necessary stages or applications for statutory approvals, production information,specifications, tender process, including carrying out inspections of projects on site
- Cooperation with the execution team and the corporate office including Accounts, Purchase and other teams
- Knowledge of technical standards, regulatory frameworks and health& safety.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure timely delivery of requirements
- Control quality of requirements
- Work together with Architects interior designers, Engineers, consultants and other site teams.
- Produce presentation documents
- Handover the project after resolving all possible snag to operations teams.
Skills Required :
- Good aesthetic sensibility.
- High levels of creativity, imagination and vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Delivering results under pressure
- Excellent people handling skills
- Good organizational skills
- Willingness to work long hours
Core Competencies :
- Cost, Quality, and Time Estimates
- Project Management
- Design and Construction Documents
- Software : AutoCAD, Sketchup, MS Projects, Excel, Powerpoint, word.
- Revit, Archicad, Photoshop, Coral Draw, Adobe illustrator are beneficial but not required
Educational Qualifications : Architectural degree required