Senior Quality Assurance Technician - Apparel Business (10-18 yrs)
Company Profile :
- Va- so is transforming the +$1.5 trillion Apparel and Footwear industry by building a SaaS manufacturing shop floor system that will activate, engage, and transform the lives of the 60 million artisans who produce the products we buy, wear and use. The most important retailers and brands of the world are using Va- so to eliminate the - waste- being generated on the shop floor with the aim of increasing the value they are providing to the consumers of the worlds.
- Va- so's Platform uses the latest technology in software, network and manufacturing IoT 4.0 including artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive & prescriptive data science & analytics, optics, RFID and raspberry PIs. We have one simple focus, understanding our clients in order to build a UX that exceeds the experience of the best B2B platforms in the world. Join us and become part of the Team that will surpass the quality, speed and complexity of any software developed by any team in the world!
Work Location :
Division/Department As per business needs
Reports to : Factory RCIC Project Leader
- Full-Time - Working Remotely
- Part-Time - Working at Location
About the role :
- Be the technical coach and advisor at the factory to ensure world class coaching, mentoring, implementation, and monitoring to meet Factory Leadership expectations and Goals
1. Responsible for coaching factory on In-process, End-Cell, End Line and Final shipment quality control using Factory-Vendor designed processes and procedures.
2. Must be capable of teaching and coaching on a day-to-day basis very rigorous Quality processes and procedures.
3. Responsible for generating his/her own reports using a laptop on applications like MS Word and MS Excel
4. Suggest cost-effective improvements to Garment Fit, Sewing Construction, and styling details.
5. Ensuring garments are labeled with the correct content, style, and Article numbers.
6. To clearly communicate to the vendor any changes, or corrections that need to be made.
7. Monitor Quality Performance of Supplier Raw Materials
8. To continually strive to upgrade the Quality of product without affecting the value.
9. Demonstrate proper methods & SOPs for measuring Garments.
10. Acting as support to resolve all quality concerns raised in shopfloor.
11. To design or review Quality manual for the company and also ensure that the quality policies & procedures are known by all relevant stakeholders and implemented at all levels
12. To review and constantly improve Quality Management System that aligns with customer requirements.
13. Develop, manage implement, communicate, and maintain a quality plan to bring the Factory Quality Assurance Systems and policies are on par and compliant with Customer Requirements.
14. Effectively interact with the Technical, Development, and Production team to maintain Product Quality and also ensure that targets are achieved.
15. Assisting Technicians and QC Guardians with checking patterns/specification and construction, identifying and resolving production impracticalities in an appropriately timely manner, and to make a final decision on quality according to company standards and requirements.
16. Ensure to achieve Quality in First Bulk pilot production of any New Style-Color-Material and ensure it's RFT for subsequent production
17. Monitor performance of QC Guardians by gather Realtime Shopfloor Quality Data
18. Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and Deliver Quality Control seminars and coaching. Act as Train the Trainer.
19. Collaboration with Cross Functional Department to develop Product, SOP, and Training Methods.
20. Plans, promotes, and organizes Training activities related to Product Quality and reliability.
21. Monitored QA/QC performance by gathering relevant production data and producing statistical reports to be communicated with all related departments.
22. Ensure Machine Maintenance are done as per Schedule.
23. Ensure layout is balanced with proper Man Machin ratio to achieve the desired quality.
24. Monitor and ensure Zero Pre-shipment Audit Failures by improving In Process RFT Realtime
25. To ensure watertight Quality Control SOP's are in place, documented, followed and sustained in each and every process
26. Finalize Critical to Quality and Critical to Process Quality points for each and every Style and Transfer knowledge to Quality & Produciton Team @ Preproduction stage itself.
27. To ensure that Traffic Light Chart system of in-line inspection system is installed & working.
28. To monitor Realtime Inline inspection Defects and discuss it promptly with respective Production, IE & QA team to turbocharge immediate Corrective Action Plans
29. Implement both Preventive & Corrective Action Plan against occurrence of any defect.
30. Ensure to use Appropriate Escalation Channels for taking necessary real time action using Vaeso Real Time Quality Data
31. Analyze Vaeso Statistical Data and Product specifications to determine current Quality standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of Finished Product.
32. Develops and maintains quality assurance objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with the Production Department.
33. Validates Quality processes by establishing Product specifications and quality attributes.
34. Fully responsible to manage Quality function within the location through the End-End Manufacturing Process including In line, End-line, Finished goods inspection, and Testing.
35. To ensure the Production is started only after successful Pre-production Approvals and Samples are available
Work Experience Requirements :
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Apparel Industry including exposure to :
- Material inspection (Fabric and Accessories)
- Understanding and identifying various types of fabric defects
- Conducting Measurement Audit
- Knowledge on AQL (Accepted Quality Level) sample plans
- Knowledge on Final Product Defects
- Final Shipment Inspection
- In-process Quality Control
- Knowledge on different Print types and associated quality requirements.
- Knowledge on different Patch work processes and associated quality requirements.
- Knowledge on pin-tuck processes and associated quality requirements.
- Machine setting
- Needle types
- Smocking process
- Pre-Production Process
- Shirring process
- Pattern check
- Heat seal process
- Different types of fabrics and their properties
- Different types of washing programs and their properties
- Technical Factory Audit Experience
- B Tech./BE or equivalent
Preferred Traits :
- Honesty and ethics beyond question
- Self-motivated and ability to be self-led as will mostly work without supervision.
- Self-confidence to work outside their home city and country as per business needs.
- Self-confidence to withstand pressures from Factories / Trading Companies / Clients
Preferred Skills :
- English proficiency (written and spoken)
- Computer proficiency (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- People skills (ability to influence factory leadership via creating positive relationships)
- Critical Thinking
- Problem solving
- Risk analysis and Decision making
- Ability to coach Technicians, Artisans and QC Guardians
- Lean skills are an asset and nice to have