Manager-Talent Sourcing at Ad Astra Consultants
Views:82 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior R&D Engineer - Manufacturing & Food Machinery (15-25 yrs)
- Should have worked in Design and Development activities from Food processing industry or SPM industry or Capital goods industry.
- Should be able to lead a team of 20 members
Key Skills :
- Engineering Design and R&D,
- Process Machine R&D
- Process Design Manufacturing
- Food processing Machines and R&D
Key deliverables :
- New Product as per market requirements to market readiness
- New technology to create market need
- Life Cycle Management of existing machines and processes
Job Responsibilities :
- Coordinate with multi-disciplinary team of Mechanical engineers to complete Machine Product development.
- Build, setup and manage R&D team /facilities
- Manage New Product Development
- Manage Technology Development
- Manage Innovative projects
- Understand Business needs
- Build know-how by basic R&D
- Commercializing the technology
- Strategy for future technology and Product strategy/ create a disruptive performance enhancement in R&D
- Ensure first time right Product
- Ensure zero occupational illness & accidents
Skilled Requirements :
- A solid understanding of Machine Design and Structural design.
- Expertise in the Machines applicable to Rice milling industry and would have designed them.
- Experience of welded Structural design, knowledge of casting and forging component design.
- Tolerance stack-up analysis and GD&T is a must.
- Knowledge of ASME-14.5 and other IS standards.
- Learn & apply Clients CADD Standards document to all drawings. Recommend improvements.
- Review and approve vendor equipment approval drawings. Incorporate in design.
- Work in a team environment and alert Project Engineers as to any issues that may exist in a design.
- Experience in DFMEA.
- Able to put appropriate control plan and strive for first time right design.
- Good understanding of material selection, MS, Alloy steel, Castings, SS material.
- Site validation as per the Product requirement. Trouble shoot of any site issues.
- Ability to lead Project design, distribute and check other team member's work.
- Ability to attend in a professional manner customer and vendor meetings.
- Participate and lead design review meetings.
- Strong presentation & communication skills.
Other Essential Responsibilities :
- Be an effective leader by engaging with the team members and motivate them to get the best performance out of them. Shows very high level of interpersonal effectiveness.
- Follow job guidelines as described in the Clients practice and procedure manual.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned sometimes beyond the defined KPI.
- Should be able to walk an extra mile when it comes to meeting the business requirements.
- Cooperating with management in an effective manner to perform design work of a high quality.
- Produce work which is first time right. Implement SOP for process improvement & standardization
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed.
- Treat all Clients information, customer and vendor information in a confidential manner.
- Informs supervisor of problems or issues which affect the companies- ability to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks. This may be done through reading and continuing education.
Skills & Requirements :
- Mechanical Engineering.
- 15+ years of previous Design experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary.
- Experience in working with small to large scale projects.
- Experience in Grain processing / Grain handling / Grain storage Industry a definite asset.
- Experience working on multi-discipline projects.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and conflicting deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills