Senior Research Scientist - Lithium Ion Battery (5-10 yrs)
Senior Research Scientist-LIB Materials
- Manage and perform R&D activities on Lithium Ion Battery development
- Able to perform all stages of a research project from ideation, designing & performing experiments, sample characterisation & data analysis
- Improving material performance by studying structure-property relationship through various characterisation techniques
- Review and explain scientific literature on LIB- materials innovations (cathode, anode, separator, electrolytes).
- Perform material screening and compatibility study
- Work towards improving the performance, safety, and reliability of cathode and anode.
- Identifying problems & limitations with existing material system and applying technical expertise & analytical thinking to come up with better alternatives
- Design research plans, perform experiments and generate quality experimental results and analysis to improve the material performance.
- Focus on lithium-ion battery materials development and characterization including cathode, anode, separator and electrolyte
- Work across multiple battery systems (NMC, NCA, Graphite, Silicon, etc.) to ensure proper baseline performance in state-of-the-art as well as next generation battery chemistries.
- Hands-on experience and ability to build cells (coin cells, pouch cells, cylindrical cell) without oversight
- Perform a variety of electrochemical and physical characterization experiments.
- Foresee the challenges an help scaling up of the developed lab processes; support the transfer of technology from lab scale to pilot plant and finally to commercialization with the help of project development team
- Initiate project to improve quality, cost, and yield by using design of experiment, root cause analysis etc.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of battery and play a direct leading role in designing and running experiments as well as interpreting data
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.