Senior Research Scientist - Lithium Ion Battery (5-10 yrs)
Senior Research Scientist-LIB Materials
- Manage and perform R&D activities on Lithium Ion Battery development
- Able to perform all stages of a research project from ideation, designing & performing experiments, sample characterisation & data analysis
- Improving material performance by studying structure-property relationship through various characterisation techniques
- Review and explain scientific literature on LIB- materials innovations (cathode, anode, separator, electrolytes).
- Perform material screening and compatibility study
- Work towards improving the performance, safety, and reliability of cathode and anode.
- Identifying problems & limitations with existing material system and applying technical expertise & analytical thinking to come up with better alternatives
- Design research plans, perform experiments and generate quality experimental results and analysis to improve the material performance.
- Focus on lithium-ion battery materials development and characterization including cathode, anode, separator and electrolyte
- Work across multiple battery systems (NMC, NCA, Graphite, Silicon, etc.) to ensure proper baseline performance in state-of-the-art as well as next generation battery chemistries.
- Hands-on experience and ability to build cells (coin cells, pouch cells, cylindrical cell) without oversight
- Perform a variety of electrochemical and physical characterization experiments.
- Foresee the challenges an help scaling up of the developed lab processes; support the transfer of technology from lab scale to pilot plant and finally to commercialization with the help of project development team
- Initiate project to improve quality, cost, and yield by using design of experiment, root cause analysis etc.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of battery and play a direct leading role in designing and running experiments as well as interpreting data