Recruiter at Accord Consultants
Views:243 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Senior Rubber Technologist (15-22 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION :
LOCATION : Nagpur, Maharashtra
WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION :
- Min 15+ Years work experience in Junior to middle management.
- Rich experience in designing of rubber compounds
- Experience with Natural rubbers, EPDM, Neoprene, NBR, SBR, etc
- Preferred industry : V belts, Conveyor belts, rubber Moulded products, Hose, rubber to metal bonded(candidates from TYRE INDUSTRY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED)
- Should at least B.Tech (M Tech- in Rubber Technology preferred)
- Engineering stream - Rubber Technology/ Polymer Technology
DESIGNATION : Designation will vary as per CTC structure/range
CTC BRACKET : As per experience and current CTC of the candidate subject to interview performance and industry standards
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES :
- Designing and developing rubber compounds with Neoprene, NBR, HNBR, NBR-PVC, Natural Rubber, SBR, Butyl, Bromo Butyl, CSM & EPDM, and Rubber to metal bonded parts.
- Mixing with Banbury, Intermix, Kneader and Two - roll mill, Calendaring, ply-up, building, extrusion, compression moulding
- Troubleshooting all technical compounding problems; conducting various tests & inspections to ensure that products developed are in compliance with pre-set quality specifications
- Identifying, collecting, processing and analyzing the data, specimens, and/or samples according to established protocol, procedures & standards, as appropriate to specific objectives of the research study
- Adept at developing formulas for new products at commercial scale production as per quality compliance.
- Expertise in designing / streamlining processes / procedures to facilitate robust Quality Management
- Systems and Quality Innovation Projects.
- Cost Saving Projects
- Adept at carrying out various tests and inspection for various processes and checking the quality standards of incoming materials and final goods
- A high degree of technical knowledge balanced with creative ability and a hands-on approach
- Part of QUICK response team
- Part of CFT in MEC/MIDC/TRP for materials
- Coordination with suppliers for technical query, sample plan, sample analysis, feedback and discussions
2. MATERIAL AND MIXING PROCESS DEVELOPMENT :
- PFMEA - Mixing process - Periodic review
- Ensure all the design and development out-put criteria liaise with compound properties.
- Ensure complete compound design verification and validation prior to implementation.
- Liaise with Purchase to meet the requirement of alternate and new Raw materials.
- Product compliance management
- Control of non-moving and Non confirming raw materials.
- Analysis of technology trends
- Support of cooperation partners and technology advisors
- Initial process trial at shop floor
- Trial result review & product validation & verification
- Pre-launch preparation with CFT
- Preparation of process norms (Trial/ Prelaunch/Production)
- Cost saving with the help of reducing Process, Man, Method, Consumable, Material
3. QMS RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Preparation of APQP Document
- Preparation of FMEA, PFD, DFMEA along with periodic review.
- Preparation of Prelaunch and control specifications
4. EMS / OHSAS RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Maintaining 5S at workplace
- Part of Kaizen team member- process
- Review of alternative materials in case of issues in existing material for compliance REACH/ROHS/Prop 65.