MD at Prodigy Recruitment Consultancy
Views:287 Applications:26 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Senior Safety & Environmental Officer (13-15 yrs)
Our client provides integrated solutions for water, waste water, effluent & sewage management and solid waste management and is one of the few companies of India, having the capability to Build, Operate & Maintain water utilities on a 24x7 basis, catering industrial, commercial, municipal & domestic consumers to contribute towards building a "water positive footprint"
Graduate in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical) with 15 years of work experience out of which at least 5 years in Safety and Environmental Areas.
Preferred sector : Steel, Water Works, Petroleum, Petrochemicals, Chemicals
Job description :
1. Responsible to inspect the site to ensure Hazard Free Environment.
2. Must prepare Environmental, safety and disaster management manual.
3. Carry out safety audit, safety awareness and training.
4. Must maintain all log book of incidence and shift information.
5. Identify and measure safety guidelines, deviations by operators and operational staff, flag them and ensure preventive and Corrective actions
6. Check for all facets of safety of operations Mechanical and Electrical, materials, stacking and storage
7. Must possess administrative and guiding experience and skills to ensure compliance with continuous improvement.
8. Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations.
9. Must have 33kv electrical safety knowledge
10. Field safety checks daily, weekly and compliance reports, MIS monthly
11. Responsible to guide the field supervision team and Contractors site officers and should confirm whether safety measurements implemented in the field are complying with safety standards.
12. Must prepare and submit checklist / monthly reports with respect to safety, to the office.
13. Focusing on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training.
14. Presenting safety principles to staff in meetings or training sessions
15. Participating in continuing education to update knowledge of health and safety protocols and techniques
16. Creating safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes
17. Sharing information, suggestions, and observations with project leadership to create consistency in safety standards throughout the production team and the entire company
18. Investigating causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site
19. Liaising with law enforcement and other investigators who are present at the time of a serious accident
20. Finding the best way to prevent future accidents
21. Reviewing and reporting on the staff's compliance with health and safety rules
22. Responsible to create incident free work process.
23. Support the development of OHS policies and programs
24. Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
25. Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
26. Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
27. Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
Skills required :
- Communication skills
- Coordination and organizational abilities
- Knowledge of legislation and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Good Analytical Skill, with ability to produce various kinds of reports.
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail