Senior Staff Engineer - Electronics (10-13 yrs)
Job Description :
- Design of digital and mixed circuits for medical devices
- Generate design and functional specifications, architectures, select optimal components & vendor evaluation and create schematics
- Create and review layout, BOM, Gerber files and create testing plans for the designs
- Simulation, testing, and troubleshooting of designs, including bench testing and debugging using test equipment
- Apply hands-on in-depth knowledge of test equipment including oscilloscopes, signal generators, vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and power meters
- Flexibility is essential as specifications may not be fully defined at the start of development, and liaison with customers for continued feedback and input of requirements is likely throughout the development.
- Collaboration with other team members (including both hardware and software engineers) to agree system designs, drivers, algorithms, firmware and protocols etc.
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware.
- Optimize designs for PCBs and flex circuits for density, cost, thermal issues, and other factors
- Review and approve the manufacturing documents for PCBA
What you need :
- B.E/ B.Tech in Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years- proven design experience in industry.
- Excellent knowledge of analogue, digital electronic circuit design, power and battery management
- Experience in board CAD tools e.g. Altium Designer, OrCAD, PADs etc
- Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation.
- Proven experience in handover and management of designs in production
- Must be strong in board bring up, testing and debugging.
- Experience in Board Designing of embedded systems (CPUs, micro-controllers and FPGAs), interfacing LCDs (parallel MPU, RGB interface, MIPI, LVDS), NAND/e-mmc interfacing, SRAM interfacing
- Experience with various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, CAN, LIN, RS485, SPI, USB, MIPI etc.
- Experience in developing ESD/Latch up immune design,
- Experience with RF technologies (Bluetooth, WIFI, Cellular etc.), and antenna selection/design
- Must be able to assess regulatory requirements applicable to product
- Must understand EMC design guidelines for PCBs and systems
- Must have knowledge about PCB design, assembly, inspection and testing