Recruitment Lead at RIO Human Resources
Views:125 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Surveyor - Shipping Operations (10-14 yrs)
Job Description :
- Master Mariners for Senior Surveyor Positions
- Dubai/Abu Dhabi, UAE, & Mumbai, India
- As our Senior Surveyor, you will perform maritime duties including but not limited to pre-risk surveys, Suitability Surveys document reviews, risk assessments, warranty surveys, marketing and business development work as required and casualty investigations on behalf of Hull and Machinery Underwriters or P&I insurers,
In addition, you will :
- Learn and familiarize yourself with all aspects of MCE's services and key deliverables.
- Manage condition assessments of vessels, audit offices, shipyards, and ports as part of pre-risk assessments for H&M and P&I insurers.
- Offering guidance, and training to staff surveyors, and assisting in MCE and its services.
- Assist in QA deliverables and ensure the quality of the product.
- Assist and manage in business development activities including promoting Marine Consulting with local and international client services
- The role is based in Dubai / Abu Dhabi or Mumbai and the incumbent will have the right to work and reside in UAE or India. Relocation assistance, if required, will be offered to the right candidate.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work within a variety of time zones - offshore travel is a requirement of the job and working weekends.
What we are looking for ?
- We are looking for driven and solution-oriented professionals with sound technical skills and good decision-making capabilities. The successful candidates will have good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership ability, and be able to deal effectively with multiple issues and assignments simultaneously.
In addition, you will :
- Be a qualified Master Mariner (STCW II/2), Chief Engineer (STCW III/2), or equivalent with relevant offshore-related experience
- Have at least 10 years of sea-going experience within the Marine or Offshore Industry.
- Have previous experience working with exposure to vessels
- Have strong communication skills and a good command of written and spoken English language.
Desired Skills :
- Marine Warranty experience (Voyage, towage approvals).
- Fully conversant with marine claims and consultancy work.
- Other applicable experience (Technical Superintendent, Ship Repair Manager, etc).
Competencies and capabilities :
- Proactive and insightful with good management skills.
- A team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural environment
- Self-directed, organised, energetic, forward-thinking, and creative.
- Understanding and ability to adapt to any situation.
- Strong public speaking and written presentation skills with proficiency in English.