head hunter at Archer & Bull
Views:38 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Senior Transportation Engineer (8-12 yrs)
Key Responsibilities :
1. Working within a team of traffic engineering professionals.
2. Providing technical inputs on traffic engineering issues and projects.
3. Contributing to technical reviews of planning submissions, traffic impact assessment reports, traffic studies and other technical plans, documents, presentations or data sets in line with Clients internal submittal standards, and prevailing technical standards and planning requirements.
4. Communicating the findings of such reviews to the Director, on clients corporate system(s), and other stakeholders as required, using the appropriate channels.
5. Contributing to the development of policies, technical standards and guidance relating to Traffic Engineering or urban mobility, prepared according to the clients business needs and international good practice.
6. Identifying opportunities for continuous process improvements.
7. Knowledge sharing and driving technical innovation with colleagues everywhere.
Essential Requirements :
- Graduates from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), NIT or School of Planning and Architecture.
- In-depth experience in the field of traffic engineering.
- High levels of competency in operational modelling platforms including VISSIM, aaSIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM.
- Good knowledge of Road Safety and Safety in Design principles, and contemporary best-practice roads safety initiatives.
- Experience with transport assessments, capacity theory and analysis techniques, urban planning and land development appraisals, parking management, master planning and public transport.
- Experience in the concept design of parking and circulation layouts, walking and cycling facilities design, planning and design of traffic calming devices, public transport facilities (bus stops), signage and line-marking.
- Knowledge of concept and preliminary roads design, including at-grade and grade-separated junctions.
- Knowledge of the specification, collection, analysis and acceptability standards for surveys and data related to parking and traffic analysis.
- Strong collaborative behavior to interface with clients, other members of the local Transportation team, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, with a talent for persuasive speech and technical presentations to diverse and non-technical audiences.
- Well-developed skills in project management, technical delivery and resource management.
- Competence with Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems.