Senior Vehicle Electronics Engineer (8-16 yrs)
Position : Vehicle Electronics Engineer- Senior
Min Experience - 10-15 years
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Hardware design for Motor control unit for EV application
- Coordinate with a cross functional team for mechanical, PCB layout, validation and production to bring construction solutions.
- Capture hardware functional and safety requirements and converting to design
- Simulation/calculation for power converter and control electronics
- Perform comparative study on different topology during initial design for high efficiency and cost-effective solution.
- Selection of discrete components, semiconductors (MOSFET, IGBTs), dedicated functional IC and controllers for converter/inverters
- Demonstrate compliance to checklists/Templates during reviews on Design/Simulation, Schematic, PCB Layout, WCA, Tolerance Analysis, IP, Safety and Regulatory aspects of design.
- Demonstrate compliance to corporate guidelines on Design for Manufacture (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), Design for Service (DFS), Design for Cost (DFC) and Component Selection/derating.
- Lead and drive reuse of platforms and design resources to help reduce Timelines, cost and enhance quality. Implement lessons learnt into designs.
- Responsible for verification and validation of developed hardware for functional testing, Thermal Testing, Safety & Regulatory Pre-Compliance Testing
- Represent team during reviews with Product Validation and Quality Teams, debug and resolve integration issues during product development
- Proficient in electrical network design, power electronics, electric signals & electromagnetics
- Deep knowledge of electric vehicle functioning. System sizing, performance analysis
- Experience with Vehicle control, electronic throttle control application, torque structure for automotive applications
- Ability to interpret motor characteristics, torque, speed and efficiency measurements
- Deep knowledge of various power electronics, microcontrollers and hardware design.
- Basic experience in SW control systems development, control algorithms
- Familiarity with automotive engineering development Methods, Processes and Tools. (SDLC, V model, DFMEA, DRBFM basics, problem solving techniques, CAN loggers, vehicle calibration tools)
- Familiar with legislative norms and standards for Type approval for Indian market
- Valid 2 wheeler driving license
- Requirements engineering and SOR preparation for two wheeler electrical and electronic architecture
- Defining & executing DVVP for powertrain systems. Responsible for release process of E/E system as per V model approach
- New Platform Development, concept developments, prototyping, modeling and simulation
- Interface with component development teams of Motor, ECU, battery and peripheral electrical sub- systems for overall electrical integration from concept till mass-production release stage.
- Troubleshoot the reported problems (ENG, 0km and field) and resolve them in a timely manner
- Timely closure of all technical documentation and releases
- Mentoring trainees / students
- Solid knowledge of Power Electronics Fundamentals
- Must have worked in new product development and redesign of circuits
- Able to understand product specification and drilldown to product requirements
- Experience in MOSFET and IGBT, dc-link capacitor selection and EMI/EMC filter design for automotive application ranging 450V.
- Experience in Digital, Analog circuits and high-frequency magnetics design
- Experience in design with Power Management ICs (Gate Drivers, PWM Controllers, LDOs, Switching Regulators, Constant Current Drivers, Constant Voltage Drivers)
- Experience in hardware development for automotive applications which include requirements analysis, derating analysis, worst-case analysis, Tolerance analysis, FMEA and simulation.
- Willing to coordinate with a cross functional team for mechanical packaging, thermal analysis, safety analysis, PCB-layout, production, validation and proto build.
- Good Debugging & Troubleshooting of Converters/Inverters/Drives.
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of EMI/EMC testing, design factors leading to good EMC performance
- Knowledge of requirements managements tools like ALM will be an added advantage
- Require good knowledge on regulations requirements and testing according to the requirements both at component level and vehicle level.
- Strong in analytical thinking
- Able to take ownership and handle the project with minimum dependency.