Shell Technology Centre - Senior Engineer - Digital Solutions (5-12 yrs)
Job description :
Senior Engineer Digital Solutions
- If you have experience with delivery of capital projects, coupled with the current state- of-the-art digital tools and technologies, then this role is chance to go a step further and develop the next generation of digital solutions & technologies for the future!
- This is an ideal role for any person with curiosity about the external world, a passion for technology and new ideas, and a continuous learning mindset. Your goal is to enable a step change improvement in the Capital Efficiency of our Projects through implementation of data-centric solutions and digitalization.
- The idea pipeline will feed an innovation program covering digital solutions that need further maturing to be ready for deployment in Project execution, as well as - out of the box- ideas in the early phase of Project development.
- Shell is looking to fill two roles in the Digital Project Delivery space, one being the Engineer Digital Solutions requiring proven, substantial experience in this field and the other being the Senior Engineer
- Digital Solutions requiring more significant experience. Both encompass the use of data centric ways of working and deployment of digital solutions in Engineering and Design to improve efficiency and drive greater productivity in Construction, Commissioning and Handover.
- It also involves ideation, maturation and development of future ready solutions and technologies that will be a game changer for the industry.
Where do you fit in?
- Shell's Projects & Technology (P&T) division based in Bangalore, oversees and manages end to end the capital projects delivery across different lines of businesses. It has a large and diversified project portfolio spanning the entire value chain of the energy system (2018 Capital Expenditure of ~25 billion dollars).
- The Digitalization team in the Projects & Engineering arm is tasked with deploying digital solutions across the entire project lifecycle. This role is part of this team and will lead the innovation agenda and future ready solutions.
- It cuts across different business segments and functions to understand the gaps and assimilate requirements, collaborate with global internal projects & technology teams, partner with external parties and vendors, and then come up with relevant digital solutions to be deployed during the different stages of a project.
- It is a very dynamic team constantly on the lookout for new ideas and working in a very agile way. It has a firm foot in the present with a keen eye for what the future could be, and then striving to make it a reality.
What's the role?
- Lead multiple activities within the innovation programs and will also serve as champion for the adoption of digital tools and technologies across the organization.
- Interact with a diverse set of very talented people across the organization (e.g. Technology - Shell TechWorks, Shell Technology Ventures, Shell Game Changer, Digital Centres of Excellence, digital strategy teams, global project and asset teams etc.).
- Play a key role in the ideation, agile evaluation and subsequent maturing of a pipeline of new ideas, working often with external parties (technology vendors, service providers, strategy consultants, etc).
- Scout for and bring external thinking and technologies to bear on the problem at hand as relevant, evaluate competitiveness of external tools and technologies vis - vis internal capabilities and suggest optimum fitfor- purpose solutions.
- Drive data-centric solutions and deliver continuous improvement in the processes and tools for project and asset support delivery, such as Smart Contracting, Virtual Design and Construction and creating an Agile mindset across the Project Engineering Community.
- Be a broad integrative thinker who can make the connect between different disciplines will be a critical success factor for the role. This is an individual contributor role with no direct line responsibilities. You will, however, be expected to mentor and coach new team members and the practitioners in the wider community.
- Bachelor's degree in any technical field (Engineering / Technology / Science). Any specialization in technology / digital areas will be an added advantage.
- Proven, substantial experience in the relevant field required for the Engineer Digital Solutions significant experience in the relevant field required for the Senior Engineer Digital Solutions role.
- A good understanding and knowledge of any or all parts of the capital projects delivery cycle i.e. concept; front end design; detailed design and construction; commissioning; asset handover etc preferably in the Oil & Gas or similar capital heavy industries
- Understanding of development and deployment of engineering, construction and commissioning digital tools, solutions and technologies (for e.g. 4D/5D techniques and tools, Laser Scanning, Track & Trace, Drone surveying, Digital Twin, etc)
- Exposure to disruptive digital technologies relevant to the Oil & Gas industry; innovation life cycle; start-ups; futuristic technologies - will be an added advantage.
- Ability to think strategically, have a holistic view of the business / project requirements, anticipate customer needs and work with SME's (Subject Matter Experts) and PTE's (Principal Technical Experts) across the organization to come up with implementable solutions. Collaboration is key within Shell
- Commercial mindset and customer centricity combined with external focus - to bring forth the most competitive and efficient tools and digital technologies to meet the business / project needs
- An appreciation of Agile ways of working is a definite plus.