Simple Energy - Chassis Design Professional - Electric Scooter Manufacturer (5-15 yrs)
Job Title: VE- Chassis Design & development
Qualification for below roles under VE: Vehicle Engineering
1. Chassis systems : Design, analysis and development of Chassis system of a vehicle
Responsibilities: Chassis design
- Working on new/innovative concept in Chassis & body components like Frame, 2D Sketch (layout), Handlebar, all other Sheet-metal tubular structural parts etc.
Requirements (Must have):
- 4-15 experience on Chassis-Frame design of 2W in a reputed OEM.
- Bachelors / Master's degree in any spec.
- Commendable fundamental knowledge of: Strength of material, Mechanics, Machine design, Engineering drawings, Material science- Metallurgy, Heat treatments, Manufacturing process, FEA etc.
Additional Skills/Experience :
- Zeal to learn & innovate, analytical skills for problem solving.
- High degree of commitment with a bias for execution excellence
- Should be adaptive and inclined towards working in ambiguous environment
- Hands on skill: Solid works, Excel, Power point, Word.
- Basic analytical skills
- Will be a part of Design and Development team, working on Two- Four wheeler EV's.
- Roles & responsibility:
- Design ownership of chassis systems
- Ensure an appropriate packaging for the components between themselves and for the whole system on vehicle.
- Initial definition and change management of BOM.
- Support DFMEA generation.
- Support DVP generation.
- Ensure DFM & DFA are implemented on the design.
- Communication with CFT (Sourcing, Quality, NPD etc)
- Support mule and prototype vehicles assembly as required.
- Support the definition of the chassis components technical specifications.
- Participation in project meetings and in cross-functional design reviews.
- Work alongside Engineering teams.(Body, Studio, CAE, E&E etc)
- Contribute with new proposals for R&D projects with Innovation
- Good knowledge of Materials, its standard, availability etc.
- Very well verse with VA-VE ideation & implementation.