Simple Energy - Sourcing Engineer (4-8 yrs)
Position: Sourcing Engineer
Year of Experience: 4-8 Years
Role & Responsibilities:
- Vendor selection & development for commodities.
- Dealt in Components like, Fabrication, Plastics etc.
- Develop new suppliers through market research to get competitive price & superior quality.
- Techno-commercial negotiations with suppliers.
- Complete necessitated engineering changes on time and thereby supporting the existing programs. Price revision as per market movement.
- Take initiative to support supplier quality and plant quality teams in resolving quality & delivery related issues with suppliers.
- Ensure compliance to purchasing policies and procedures.
- Maintaining inventory levels for new developed parts.
- Conducting PPAP activity with Co-ordination of supplier QA for process & product validation.
- Coordinating with R&D Dept for timely delivery of new project parts.
- Responsible for maintaining the Capex cash flow for projects.
- Cost saving through alternate sourcing & VA/VE.
- Price Negotiation and finding Opportunities of Cost Reduction.
- Vendor Evaluation and Vendor Validations
- Responsibility for Supplier end issue resolving like production issues, tooling correction issues, product issues, etc.,
- Responsibility for Monthly Supplier process and evaluation audit conducts.
- Presenting Cost saving trends to management in procurement by annually
- Presenting KPI in Monthly Review Meeting.
- Product Lead Time analysing and finding Opportunities to Reduce Lead Time.
- Product and Vendor related issues resolving like tooling issue, material issue, etc.,