Simulation Process Engineer - Bid Management (5-12 yrs)
- B.S. degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and equivalent 5-10 years of experience in the centrifugal compressor or related industry.
- Basic understanding of dynamic process simulation tools used in the Hydrocarbon Processing Industries.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to work in a team environment, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while handling multiple projects/priorities.
- Basic understanding of rotating equipment operation & performance characteristics.
- Familiarity with system designs for process equipment selection & control strategy validation.
- Utilize the simulation software tools to evaluate various applications with industrial applications.
- Applications include centrifugal compressor response to transient events including motor sizing for startup, ESD surge avoidance, and sizing of anti-surge valves
- Experience with sizing & selection theory of centrifugal compressors & experience in sizing valves.
- Able to effectively communicate results of these studies to both internal and external customers.
Your Responsibilities :
- Develop and analyze a detailed transient dynamic simulation model of an industrial application process, taking inputs from core machinery, systems design, and external data sources.
- Author a detailed report summarizing results and recommendations identified from the analysis of the turbo compressor product interaction to high speed transient events such as emergency shutdowns, start-up, and online operating scenarios.
- Specify technical requirements and conduct calculations for process valves such as anti-surge valves.
- Develop and analyze a detailed transient dynamic simulation model of a seal gas system vent configuration, taking inputs from core machinery, systems design, and external data sources.
- Author a detailed report summarizing results and recommendations identified from the analysis of a seal gas vent system in response to failure scenarios.
- Participate in the HAZOP review of turbo compressor products and system design in industrial applications.
- Author purchase specifications for equipment such as anti-surge valves, fast stop valves, process control valves, flow elements, and process instrumentation.
- Support the Project Lead Engineer (PLE) with internal and external clients.
- Provide support to bid management (BM) and front-end engineering (FEE) to review and provide comments and exceptions to client specifications and to identify deviations from standards and to estimate commercial impacts if compliance is required.
- Create technical proposals and hour estimates for dynamic simulation opportunities for bid management (BM) for the new equipment and aftermarket business.
- Assist Field Service Department in resolving process system related problems.