Sr.Consultant at Elixir Consulting
Views:23 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Site Head/AGM/DGM/GM - Steel/Mining (16-25 yrs)
Opening with UK based steel industry/ Mining industry
Position - Site Head (AGM/DGM/GM)
Job Location - Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Responsible for Operations at Company Site in India with operational P&L responsibility by ensuring high standards of delivery through a standardized approach incorporating the Company Way and Global Best Practices, and through solid collaboration with cross-functional leadership in India.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Strategic Business Partnership
- Advice on annual business plans duly understanding the customers- requirement well in advance and drive the site operations for profitable growth.
- Manage site annual budgets in such a way that they contribute to the overall business numbers in a positive manner.
- Develop relations with customer and be the key relationship manager for customer.
The job holder will be responsible for managing the entire gamut of operations of mill scale briquetting plant and Micro pelletisation plant. This includes ensuring safe work environment, managing plant operations / productivity, maintenance, operations related supply chain activities, coordination with client, managing relations with clients- representatives/external agencies and effective management of all resources.
In addition to day-to-day site operations, the incumbent will be responsible for following specific activities:-
- Ensuring Company Standards
- Implementation of Global Best Practices of Company.
- Implementation of Integrated Management System.
- Operational Cost Analysis together with Finance Team and undertaking special projects thereof as necessary.
- Competency Analysis and Team Development together with HR Team.
- Ensuring periodical audits pertaining to Health, Environment & Safety and Resources efficiency.
- Ensuring Company's Compliance and Ethics Management Principles.
- Driving various initiatives such as Kaizens, Lean Management Principles and TPM etc.
- Work through necessary project activities for modifications or expansions etc., together with Engineering Team.
- Work through chalking out annual budgets and targets.
- Location specific statutory compliance together with concerned functional colleagues.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Diversified O&M knowledge in steel industry/ Mining industry (incl. pellet plants)
- Knowledge in understanding and interpreting commercial aspects of the contract documents.
- Knowledge in Lean Management Principles, TQM and TPM.
- Should be able to understand operational performance related financial statements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education - Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Metallurgy Engineering. Add-on Safety Courses such like NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
Experience - 16+ years of experience in steel industry, coupled with strong exposure to commercial management. Should have lead the Maintenance / Operations function at HOD or Plant Head level for a minimum period of 5 years in previous assignment(s).
- Leadership and Management Skills with the ability to motivate, develop and retain talent.
- Strong Influencing and Negotiation Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills with the ability to communicate at all levels. High standard of verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strategic Thinking - able to understand the bigger picture.
- Ability to relate to and interpret customer requirements and understand their point of view.
- Excellent Planning, Organization and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other functional managers.
- Computer Skills (MS Office / ERP preferably Oracle).