Recruiter at Naman Staffing
Views:384 Applications:82 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Site Head - Technical Services (4-10 yrs)
Job Description :
Company : Agro-chemical/Fine Chemicals mfg.
Position: Team (Executive) Technical Services (site)
Location: Jambusar near Vadodara, Gujarat (distance is around 60 kms. from Vadodara; company provides bus conveyance from Bharuch and Vadodara)
Qualification : B.E / B.Tech Chemical
Experience : 5 - 10 years
Reports to : Direct - Head Technical services, Dotted line - Site Head
Functional Competencies :
- Basic understanding of process design, scale up and implementation of new products on commercial plant.
- Understanding of root cause analysis
- Knowledge on process trouble & capacity debottlenecking
- Strong experience of managing plant operations and troubleshooting
Position Purpose :
- The Team Technical Services role is responsible for supporting manufacturing in terms of day-to-day issue resolution and driving process & engineering related troubleshooting to minimize risk of disruption to business & impact on customer delivery. Monitoring and up-gradation of various processes to improve the performance in terms of RMC, productivity & waste generation etc.
Strategic Responsibilities :
- Monitor troubleshooting activities in the site & find out root causes
- Improvement plan based on gap analysis between R&D target and actual performance.
- Detailed planning for project implementation to minimise time in product launching
- Plan for identification of various cost reduction activities based on plant performance
- Verifications and audit of P&I Ds- and equipment installations to fulfil the desired safety standard
- Monitor resolution of troubleshooting activities in liaison with other departments involved depending upon the nature -of issue
- Drive reduction of operational cost reduction projects by proper allocation of resources to existing products
- Support the preparation of necessary documents like SOP, LOGSHEET, BFD, BOM, Critical process parameter etc. before the start-up of new products
Operational Responsibilities :
- Serve as the preliminary contact point on the site for any deviation in quality, safety, yield, cycle time etc. and should coordinate with Process Technology, Technology Transfer, EHS and Operations teams to understand the root cause of the deviation
- Work with Lead Technical Services (Site) to provide assistance for all troubleshooting activities
- Analysis of different parameters for process improvements.
- Thorough understanding & knowledge of Chemical unit processes such as Chlorination, bromination, reduction & hydrogenation, nitration, sulphonation, esterification, Amination & ammonolysis, methylation, oxidation, cyclization, condensation etc.
- Thorough understanding & knowledge about unit operations such as fluid mechanics, agitation & mixing of liquids, absorption-desorption, adsorption, distillation, liquid - liquid extractions, humidification- dehumidification, crystallization, filtration, drying etc.
- Scale up procedures & scale up of lab scale experiments to Kilo Lab & Pilot plant and subsequently to commercial production in stipulated time frame taking into considerations the economics & safety.
- Establishing standard yield and desired quality at all stages of development of molecules.
- Complete knowledge of basic engineering (design of chemical equipment such as agitators, reactors, crysatllizers, filters, dryers, fractionation columns, heat transfer equipment, absorption& desorption systems etc; line sizing, equipment selection, finalization of instrumentation philosophy, writing DCS logics, mass balance, energy balance, development of conceptual plant layout,
- Preparation of equipment data sheets, Preparation of instruments data sheet, Development of PFD's & P&ID- s, MOC selection, HAZOP study, Preparing SOP's & Log sheets, estimation of utility requirements etc)
- Well versed in coordination with BD, R&D, Technology Transfer, Projects, Engg., Production & QC.
- Troubleshoot the process during commissioning as well as during product life cycle management to ensure planned productivity, standard yield and desired quality throughout the year
- Thorough understanding and knowledge about energy saving & waste reduction as well as yields improvement drive for sustainability as well as to be competitive in the market. In other words, to be well versed (procedures & Processes) with products life cycle management exercise.
- Provide guidance to site development chemist for conducting various lab studies
- Timely release of SOP and other documents for existing products in new facility.
- Resolve issues related to quality, yield and productivity during monitoring of batches
Financial Responsibilities :
- Support the process of cost optimization for existing products
- Ensure achievement of cost saving initiatives to achieve targeted savings in time frame
People Responsibilities :
- Drive initiatives for training need identification and building requisite skills & competencies through systematic training & skill-upgradation initiatives for the team
- Interact with Engineers & Chemist to validate the work
- Discussion and clear guidelines from HOD for communications to subordinates
- Set goals and review performance for subordinates
- Inspire & motivate employees through demonstrated commitment to PI's values, vision & active participation in engagement activities
- Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement within the team
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.