Principal Consultant at SimplyPeople
Views:60 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Smart Grid Specialist - Non Profit Firm (8-10 yrs)
Smart Grid Specialist - Global Non Profit Org
Our Client has over 30 years' experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a non-for-profit, independent org based out of USA has over 5,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects in energy and other disciplines.
Around the globe, the org is working to develop and implement low-emissions energy technology alternatives, raise private financing for energy infrastructure, bring efficiency to utilities, work with governments on legal and regulatory reforms to alleviate bottlenecks in energy generation and consumption, and increase access to green energy to sustain economic growth and reduce poverty.
We are hiring Smartgrid Specialist on the funded Task Order Technical Support for
South Asia Regional Energy Partnership (SAREP) activity. This position will be based in New Delhi, India
Responsibilities of the Smartgrid Specialist include, but are not limited to :
- Business optimization by reducing utilities operating costs through asset management, improve in revenues through new customer services.
- Support integration of intermittent renewable energy by combined use of grid automation capabilities,data analytics etc.
- Enable and innovate customer solutions and improve customer experience through interventions such as AMI data and demand side infrastructure including distributed generation and electric vehicles.
- Apply state-of-the-art technologies like AI and blockchain to improve internal processes and business performance and generate new revenue from data-driven services
- Recommend solutions to ensure security of all computers and information technology utilised to enable the smart grid capabilities
- Advise on grid automation by increasing capabilities of existing SCADA, substation control and monitoring and implementation of ADMS.
- Preventing and proactive maintenance of distribution assets by developing asset health centre, developing new applications for distribution sector such as drone support etc.
- Make a case to utilities and regulators for pilot projects and or commercial deployment based on evidence and technical review.
- Design specifications for adoption and testing of smartgrid technologies/products
- Prepare bidding frameworks, tender documents, and support bidding processes for pilotprojects/commercial deployment.
- Prepare and author reports, research papers, articles related to smartgrids, advanced technologies for power sector, IT/OT convergence, IoT etc.
- Conduct trainings and capacity development workshops for utilities, regulators, etc.
- Master's degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science/Instrumentation Engineering and 6 years of relevant experience and bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 8 years of experience.
- Experience of developing/deploying/testing smartgrid technologies is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, technical staff and clients.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse team members.
- Motivated and able to work under challenging and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated networked amongst smartgrid technology providers and technical institutions.
- Demonstrated network amongst South Asian energy sector particularly utilities and regulators.
- Good understanding relevant policies and regulations for smartgrids, transmission and distribution sector
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload, self-manage and complete tasks to best meet project needs.