HR Manager at Solar
Views:179 Applications:20 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Solar Project Designer - Oil & Gas (2-6 yrs)
A typical Solar PV Designer's job will predominantly revolve around following three key responsibilities:
- Calculations & Design
- BOM Preparation
- Overseeing project execution
Depending on the specific position and role, your job will involve some or all of the following :
- Use custom software tools to design PV ground mounted and roof top systems
- Perform accurate system sizing calculations
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems, using computer-aided design (CAD)/ PVsyst software
- Run PVsyst reports for system production estimates.
- Develop optimal designs with SLD, PML, conduit and wire scheduling, routing and equipment plans, and conceptual 3-D renderings
- Execute designs that adhere to grid compliance and permitting requirements
- Building detailed bills of materials based on system specifications
- Coordinates with management team to develop complete proposal packages
- Work cross functionally with sales, project management and installation teams to ensure clients- needs and internal deadlines are met
- Troubleshoot design and construction issues in the field
Typical Qualifications Expected :
- Educational qualification and experience needed for the solar PV designer job depends on each company's requirements.
- Most companies prefer candidates with at least 1 year experience in doing dedicated engineering of Solar projects.
- An Electrical Engineering degree will be an added advantage.
Skills Expected :
- Ability to design PV systems at 11/22/33/66 kV power levels
- Has knowledge in PVSYST and AutoCAD
- Has knowledge in electrical design concepts
Other Requirements & Expectations :
- Should be ready for field visits
- Should be flexible to perform project management role if needed
- A quality mindset and attention to detail are some of the important qualities for this job