Talent Acquisition Executive at Actualize
Views:160 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Solution Engineer - Electrical (10-15 yrs)
We seek a person passionately committed to a sustainable energy future who will help deliver Energy Storage Projects in Australia and Asia Pacific.
The Indian Solutions Engineer will be accountable for all engineering and technical disciplines involved in the design, development, and implementation of projects. They will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. He or she will provide support and coordination to the project teams with subcontractors, including civil, electrical, and mechanical subcontractors for projects within the Australia/APAC region.
They will have a thorough grasp of relevant engineering issues, connection requirements, and regulatory environments and will handle several projects simultaneously.
The Australian Solutions Engineer will be based in Australia with a primary focus on projects within Australia/APAC.
This position will report into the Australia/APAC Engineering Manager in relation to Project Engineering Processes and Procedures. This role requires an autonomous and pragmatic individual who has experience working in a matrixed and virtual environment, working with multiple stakeholders, working on multiple projects/tasks at one time, and working as part of a global team.
Experience within Energy Storage is an advantage but is not mandatory, an agile mindset and comfort working in a fast-paced start-up technology led environment is essential.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications. - Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel's performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Confirm product performance by designing and conducting tests, including quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Take the lead in identifying and evaluating proposals from BOP contractors to support system integration.
- Ensure that completed systems conform to all specifications, codes, standards and customer requirements.
- Working in close cooperation with Energy Storage project and engineering teams, lead the construction site activities for battery storage projects until satisfactory completion.
- Review and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff and contractors.
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forward by internal project team members, subcontractors, and customers.
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 10 years relevant experience in an energy, engineering and/or battery storage related field. An ability to interact in a multicultural environment, travel and to work under pressure are also very important.
In addition, qualified candidates will have:
- BE/B Tech minimum; Electrical Engineering preferred, but other fields with relevant industry experience will be considered.
- 10+ years of engineering experience, ideally including a management role.
- Experience in Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) for High Voltage Systems, Wind, Solar, or Conventional Power Generation. Having knowledge of Grid connected Battery Energy Storage system will be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills needed to develop and manage a team.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in resolving disagreements and distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and communicate results.
- Ability to review contracts and technical requirements.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to prioritize and execute on many tasks in parallel.
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.