Square Panda - Manager - Logistics (5-8 yrs)
Square Panda is a startup headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. We are in the Ed-Tech space, focusing on children's early literacy.
Square Panda is seeking a Logistics Manager in Mumbai. The position's primary responsibility is logistics, however, there will be some additional operations responsibilities including sourcing suppliers and quality management depending on strategic business requirements.
You will be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects as needed. This position requires flexibility and adaptability in taking care of internal & external customers and the ability to provide strategic responses and effective solutions to external influences including India Customs, Governmental & Operational statutory requirements, outbound, and inbound management in support of CM production, retail, and wholesales. You will be able to work on your own initiative, and ideally having experience working in both logistics and supply-chain environment.
The Square Panda team is fun-loving, quirky, and full of self-starters. We are looking for someone who values working independently but with the support of a skilled and diverse group of individuals. You should be motivated, can figure out what to do next when there is downtime, and want to have an impact on the world.
Job responsibility :
- Manage, design and implement complex logistics projects and new initiatives, and coordinate with cross-functional teams to support the new projects.
- Manage vendors and 3PLs performance, and are able to find solutions to obtain cost savings & shorten the lead time as well as comply with all necessary import/ export regulations.
- Create RFQs & obtain offers, evaluate offers commercially, conduct vendor negotiations, PO execution.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of inventory flow, including in-transit inventory, new stock receiving, on-hand stock levels across warehouses, and open purchase order quantities.
- Monitor inventory accuracy via daily systems tracking and maintenance, as well as error research, analysis, and resolution.
- Ensures the process flows of material movement are efficient & compliant.
- Provides import/export compliance guidance In India with all regulations in the conduct of trade activities, including conducting research, updating status reports, and coordinating team deliverables.
- Partner with leadership, internal and external teams to drive efficient processes and meet key performance indicators.
- Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders.
- Track and identify recurring problems and create an action plan to address them.
- Handle multiple incoming escalations appropriately.
- Manage logistics operation processes with vendors and customers.
- Assist in setting up operation processes with new vendors.
- Manage vendor's OTD (on-time delivery).
- Establish and manage the reverse logistics process.
- Identify bottlenecks, dependencies, and key decision points in logistics.
- Communicate any and all escalations to the Worldwide Logistics Manager with clear and concise feedback, metrics and action item(s).
- Proficient in English and Hindi.
- Able to travel as required on short notice to domestic cities to support India Logistics, Compliance and Supply chain overall requirements.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience managing products in a complex import/export environment.
- At least 5 years experience in international and domestics logistics (inbound/outbound/reverse), and supply chain management/procurement.
- At least 2 years experience in order fulfillment and distribution.
- At least 2 years experience in project and program management.
- At least a bachelors degree in supply chain management, logistics, business/management or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience setting up new vendor operation process experience.
- Familiar with Google Apps (Drive, Sheets, Slides, etc) and cloud technologies.
- Customs Brokerage License a plus, but not required.
- Background in India Indirect taxes and experience in local regulatory requirements of agencies such as MITI and BIS is a plus, but not required.
- Have some experience with ERP integration/improvements