SSN Institutions - Manager - Facilities & Constructions (10-15 yrs)
The - Facility Manager- leads all the support services of the College / University and supervises the functioning of transport facilities, housekeeping, canteen, electricity, telephone services, water supply, sewage treatment, alternate energy source units, security, stores, civil repairs & other MEP maintenance.
Educational Qualification/s (Desirable) :
- BE/BTech (Civil) / MBA Project Management, Operations, Entrepreneurship
- 15-20 Years of extensive experience in all the following areas
- Project implementation,
- Facilities management,
- Administration and people management.
- Drawing up annual plans and budgets
- Interaction with various stake holders and incorporating all legitimate requirement into the budget
- The budget will include all repairs & maintenance of existing infrastructure, expansion and renovation
Project management :
- Effectively managing all properties held by the Institutions in Chennai
- Oversee all building-related activities, so that the institution operations are hassle free, including:
- Preservation of infrastructure, Safety standards, handling of day-to-day chores
- Project Management - Supervision and Coordination with contractors
Contract and vendor management :
- Identification, shortlisting, negotiation and finalization of rate / labour contract for various aspects of the campus activities such as housekeeping, landscaping, electrical, plumbing, STP, water supply, security services etc
- Identification, shortlisting, negotiation and finalization of contract of security services.
- Ensuring that the appropriate service levels are incorporated into the contract and enforced from both sides.
- Vendor development, negotiation and finalization of contracts for supply of equipment, spares and consumables for overall functioning of the campus. Managing the inventory.
People Management :
- Lead and guide a team of 200 On-roll employees and 300 off-roll staff who will be engaged for various facets of facilities management.
- Ensuring a minimum discipline levels and acceptable work output from the employees.
- Design and establish a robust process for managing the employees and monitoring their performance against set standards.
- Design and establish a robust schedule for preventive maintenance for upkeep of all equipment - big and small to minimize the down-time and reduce major repairs.
- Regular and routine field-inspections of various sites and buildings
- Design and establish a ticketing process to handle the complaints and service requests from various stakeholders complete with a feedback loop.
Facilities management (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing [MEP] projects) :
- Manage schedules and deadlines of all the routine Administrative work
- Housekeeping and Facilities Management
- Organize, supervise and facilitate institution's other activities (such as Event, accommodation/transport, legal compliance, safety, Canteen, vendor management & event management etc.)
- Monitoring, supervising, identification & finalization of contracts such as housekeeping, security, landscaping, electrical, transport etc.)
Cost optimization :
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services
General administration :
- Planning and procurement of all requisite material and consumables required for the upkeep of the campus
- Vendor development, material engineering, contract finalization and contract fulfillment
- Manage inventories, monitor consumption and place orders in a timely
- Responsible for day- to-day maintenance of various blocks/buildings in the institution (Hostels, Guest house, Auditoriums etc.,)
- Maintenance of equipment in the campus such as :
a. Buses, van, cars
b. Electricity sub-station to ensure un-interrupted supply
d. Solar panels
e. Air conditioners in the campus - centralized, split and window
f. Water supply to ensure continuous availability
g. Intercom services
h. UPS systems in multiple location
i. Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) equipment
- Experience in handling routine & non-routine works
Other requirements :
- Willingness to travel (if required)
- Analytical Skills with strong decision making skills
- Crisis Management - Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences
- Strong communication proficiency to interact with staff and management
Key competencies :
- General administration, facility management, procurement, vendor management, security management, liasoning with various Govt. Authorities, good communication & presentation skills.