Staff Engineer - Mechanical - Product (8-14 yrs)
Job Description :
- Seeking a passionate leader of self, people & process, and organization with the following attributes:
- Sets direction. An innovator who defines ways to create value and deliver on Organization's mission and strategic imperatives.
- Builds organizational capability. A strategic executive who continuously breaks down barriers, identifying new and more effective ways to accomplish tasks and goals.
- Inspires others. A genuine, relationship-focused leader who connects, collaborates and fosters an inclusive environment of enthusiasm, trust and pride. He/she makes others want to follow, building momentum for action and positively influencing outcomes.
- Champions talent development. A manager who focuses on maximizing the ability, potential and contributions of themselves and others. Fosters an environment where people can excel through developing, coaching and rewarding performance.
- Delivers results. A driven player/coach who sets high goals for personal achievement and organizational success. He/she measures success against the best internal and external benchmarks.
Responsibilities and duties :
- Independently lead and timely execute the complete project deliverables.
- Interact with the relevant stake holders to streamline the scope of the assigned programs.
- Ensure continual improvement in quality, delivering higher value services.
- Lead the entire NPD process including concept designing, surgeon interaction, testing, design finalization, verification and validation activities.
- Act as a technical mentor for the project team to resolve the technical challenges.
- Lead technical discussion with stakeholders considering various inputs.
- Present prototypes to surgeon consultants remotely or Cad labs to gain feedback.
- Communicating effectively across all project disciplines and cross functional teams at global locations.
- Act as R&D lead during DFM activities with AO and production vendors.
Experience/skills required :
- Experience on design process and various development phases.
- Experience on designing & development of machined components.
- Experience on manufacturing process with focus on DFM & DFA methodology.
- Expert in mechanical design engineering principles.
- Ability to take technical decision considering requirements.
- Proven Expertise in Material Selection Knowledge.
- Good knowledge of current industry standards for product development and risk control practices.
- Good understanding on designing of jigs & fixtures, inspection methods.
- Good knowledge of GD&T principles and application.
- Concept designing and development, proofing by hand calculations\FEA or any other problem-solving technique.
- Solid 3D CAD modelling skills (Pro-E).
- Expert in tolerance stack-up, DFMEA, Risk analysis.
- Should have expertise on developing verification and validation methods.