Staff Mechanical Engineer - Semiconductor/Wafer Fabrication (12-20 yrs)
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor / Masters (Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing)
- Years of experience: Minimum 12 -years of relevant experience (from SEMI Equipment/Medical Equipment/Aerospace Industry)
- Develop strong, collaborative, and effective relationships with product groups at all levels
- Owns med-high complex projects and complete product lifecycle
Responsible for Project commits by milestones; Scope assessment, Concept development, Engineering verifications/calculations to mitigate risks, dFMEA, Detail design with the test plan, Design Validation, and Product launch
- Focused on system level design
- Effective collaboration with CFTs: Software, Product Support, Process Engineers, and Suppliers, on the design, modification, of custom and OEM systems components.
Lead CFT root causing and deal with crisis resolution
- Leads troubleshooting, structured investigations, and implementation of solutions, RCCAs for safety / Line down, reliability, productivity, contamination issues
- Prepare and analyze test plans and procedures to assure that technical and operational requirement are met and properly demonstrated
- Participate & provide Guidance in product CIPs, innovation programs, customer interactions, solution for line down/customer safety/critical escalations to Customer requirements
- Participate & Conducts concept and feasibility studies for current and next-generation products (design reviews)
- Makes major design decisions on product configuration & strategy
- Can define product architectural requirements
- Responsible for evaluating equipment to establish conducting experimental tests and analyzing the pertinent material and data in preparation of your presentation at design, project, and program reviews
- Can propose, present & argue strategic decisions regarding new product design/CIP concepts
- Incorporates new technologies into product roadmaps, identifies risks and drives mitigation
- Defines System/Subsystem specifications (PDR-3210) at module level for new programs
- Reviews & approves design work done by Level 4 & below. Mentors other MEs
- Supports BU in resolving customer escalations by performing root cause analysis of the problem and providing necessary corrective and preventive actions
- Works with vendors to identify latest trends in manufacturing technologies and incorporates the same into the designs
- Publishes new or enhances existing standards & BKMs
- Develop and design critical mechanical systems and sub-systems for advanced semiconductor processing equipment including process chambers, vacuum systems, gas and liquid chemical delivery, pedestals, and showerheads as well as thermal, pressure, valve and motion controls.
- Highly skilled in - managing/working with- interdisciplinary (analytical approach to problem-solving - statics, dynamics, thermal, flow, application of statistical methods or combinations of these, etc.) engineering departments in realizing project goals
- Experience with Systems Engineering
- Excellent written, verbal, and business effective presentation skills
- Strong project management, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Established ability to contribute insightful technical ideas to other engineers- design work, machine systems, and new hardware/application scoping.
- Working knowledge of Statistics Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause-Corrective Action (RCCA), 8D & 5-Whys Problem solving
- Strong manufacturing knowledge like - machining (conventional & non-conventional), welding, installation and assembling of big component, sheet metal fabrication
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in plasma and/or thermal CVD/ALD deposition reactors is a plus.
- Good understanding of semiconductor capital equipment industrial standards is a plus.
- Knowledge of SEMI standards
- Experience with VAVE techniques