Senior Consultatnt at ManpowerGroup
Views:154 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Static & Vessel Engineer - Static Equipment Maintenance (7-12 yrs)
Static & Vessel Engineer :
- Objectives Act as a technical expert for vessel design and perform mechanical design calculations as necessary.
- Ensure compliance of Product Line vessel design with applicable industry codes, standards and regulations, and client specifications for Pressure Vessel. Keep abreast of Industry Codes and Guidelines.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations in a timely manner within the budget limits.
- Activities Review of client specifications/standards and raise the clarification, deviation which are not inline with Company execution standards.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in sizing of various Vessels / tanks / equipment's as required, which shall be in conformance with Client and / or Company Specifications, governing codes, good engineering practices, good safety practices, project procedures, and job requirements.
- Perform or check ASME VIII-1/2, EN 13445 and PD5500 Code calculations with all applicable design loads and design combinations in accordance with the Design Basis .
- Create datasheets, technical specification, technical requisitions, technical bid evaluations for vessels / tanks / equipment.
- Deep understanding of materials and corrosion. Select and recommend alternate materials to meet service requirements and optimize overall costs of vessels.
- Prove mechanical design, when required, of pressure vessel internals, trays, baffles and distribution piping.
- Review, comment and approve or reject engineering documents from vendors.
- Monitor Vessel Engineering progress either from the team, a 3rd party or a vessel fabricator as required, to assure conformance to budget and schedule.
- Advise and assist Construction Managers, QA/QC, and Sub-suppliers with the interpretation and clarification of construction documents.
- Conduct technical training sessions covering ASME and EN Codes and industry Standards requirements for product engineering and other discipline teams.
- Assist to FAT and SAT of vessels, as well as support troubleshooting at site during pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up and operations.
- Actively support, participate in, and maintain the integrity and on-going function of the company and facility HSSE program; ensuring a safe/healthy work environment.
- Provide support to processing facilities as required by Operations on engineering/technical matters.
- Effective implementation of quality systems, procedures, management of change and revision control.
Processes Sale/Tender Phase : Gate B/C inputs - Sub-Contractor Evaluation (Construction Company & Fabricators)
- Equipment configuration finalization
- MDL & Schedule Project Execution Phase :
- Engineering Deliverables - Project Audits (Internal process reviews) - As Built
- Key Indicators In depth knowledge of national and international codes and standards for pressure vessel design of field process equipment, shop fabrication procedures, and inspection and NDE requirements.
- Experience with commercial engineering design programs such as Compress, PVElite.
- Clear understanding of NDE of static equipment.
Interfaces This list is not exhaustive :
- Quality - HSE - Procurement - Inter discipline Engineers & Designers - Project Engineers - Construction Company and Vendors - Project Engineer - QA / QC
Prior Experience/Expertise Required Experience :
- 7 to 12 years Industry experience
- Prior work experience in Production Facility Engineering, Management of Construction suppliers, Site Engineering support for Precommissioning, Commissioning activities.
- Facilities Engineering and Construction, with strong Engineering background
- Should have sound knowledge in Engineering, Installation and commissioning phase of large-scale Oil and Gas projects.