Associate Delivery Lead at
Views:438 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Strategic Sourcing Head - Auto Ancillary Industry (18-25 yrs)
Role summary :
- Planning and management of new product developments from cost feasibility to mass production.
- Follow design to cost initiatives, market & design requirements, project cost feasibility, parts cost, OPEX and CAPEX investment in line with business targets defined by management.
- Strategic sourcing, defining and scouting new vendor layout based on QCDD, vendor development, new part and project development following PDCA, supplier assessment, design reviews coordination and resolutions.
- Reaching targets of unit cost and tool/CAPEX investments, supplier quality, process and product audits, design and implement cost target and reduction initiatives.
Key responsibilities :
- Responsible for sourcing and pricing of all the components of the BOM as per the required and approved unit cost, tool cost, quality and specifications.
- New vendor scouting and first screening (quality, process and capacity) to shortlist minimum 3 potential suppliers for each component.
- Raise RFQS to shortlisted suppliers, analyze first costing proposal and preselect minimum 3 suppliers for detailed supplier audit process.
- Lead the supplier audit process as per company process by involving and leading the quality, SCM and R&D team leaders.
- Negotiate best unit and tool cost and conditions and present the shortlisted suppliers with supplier rating to the NPD committee for final selection.
- Supplier rating process and for second screening price settlement (product and tooling) with suppliers for new parts.
- Lead the cost reduction programs through different initiatives including VA/VE, multi sourcing, price re-negotiations, etc.
- Monitor and settle RM inflation and deflation as per market trend with suppliers.
- Manage and track share of business for suppliers, manage supplier de-risking activities.
- Product benchmarking.
- Implementation of value engineering ideas
- Works closely with spares unit and suppliers for meeting target schedule adherence.
- Planning activities in tandem with the schedule of launches/ introduction, providing for necessary budgetary requirement.
- New vendor development and selection.
- Costing BOM control, cost reduction lead, price negotiations with suppliers for unit cost and tool cost.
- Vendor development lead, costing knowledge, raw material, process, vendor development, unit costing, tooling costing, supplier base knowledge, product development,, plan for new parts development, production and tool planning, value engineering.
Desired Profile :
- Vendor development and sourcing professional from the 2 wheeler industry with 18 plus years of experience in supplier development, costing, sourcing and new part development
- Proficient in zero based costing for auto components and tooling, project budgets, target costs, project ROI, cash flows
- Strong knowledge in raw material, fluctuations, benchmarking
- Having existing relationships with vendors/suppliers due to experience with past companies.
- Able to read manufacturing engineering drawings, manage PLM and ERP software
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.