Strategic Sourcing Manager - Auto (5-10 yrs)
Key deliverables :
- Develop & implement strategies for procurement, strategic sourcing, & supply-based management of logistics automation facilities.
- Championing & gaining alignment with corporate & business unit management around the vision of cross-functional business unit collaboration
- Achieves targeted cost reduction results through leadership in strategic sourcing, supplier integration, continuous improvement & innovation/technology.
- Identify & drive procurement value projects, deliver total cost of ownership (TCO) value incl, cost improvement, operational efficiency, maintenance costs
- Communicates & works effectively with management at all levels within the company & its supply base
- Improve the process by identifying problems in existing processes, analysing the causes of occurrence, & introducing solutions
- Directs and/or oversees the development/establishment & coordination of the RFX Package in the assigned spend categories.
- Establish a purchasing strategy to reduce the cost of purchasing logistics automation facilities in the long term, not in the short term, & introduce an optimal purchasing solution by comprehensively considering quality, delivery time, & cost.
- Lead commercial negotiations with suppliers to consider the impact on Cost/Quality/Delivery/Support & also on desired contract needs after internal discussions
- Model & promote Leadership Principles to create an environment that mobilizes empowered people to achieve business goals.
- All duties as directed or modified.
Basic Qualifications :
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical)
Core Skills Required :
- Intralogistics Automation Procurement
Desirable Skills :
- Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier relationship management
- 5 - 10 years of work experience in Sourcing & Supply Chain, or Procurement, preferably with a focus on indirect categories (Logistics Automation: Material Handling Equipment, Sorter, Conveyor, AS/RS, Robot, AGV, Other Automation Equipment / Storage etc.,)
- Professional certification in Procurement (CPSM or CIPS or APICS etc.,) will be preferred
- Ability to quickly identify key stakeholders, establish & maintain strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Ability to establish a strategic sourcing plan considering the internal & external environment, such as market conditions, supplier conditions, etc
- Negotiate vendor contracts with best-in-class terms & conditions that reflect specific business needs & SLAs
- Manage a pipeline of multiple sourcing projects & report on costs savings
- Solid team player; can work cooperatively & effectively in a team environment
- Strong consultative/analytical / problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal / communication / negotiation skills
- Multiple category experience is a plus
- International experience & low-cost country (LCC) sourcing is a plus
- Experience with eProcurement implementations & procurement transformations is a plus