Talent Acquisition Specialist at Tamcherry Technologies
Views:140 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Stress Engineer - Piping - Oil & Gas (5-15 yrs)
Job Title : Piping Stress Engineer
Job Summary :
- A Piping Stress Engineer with experience in the oil and gas industry and detail engineering/FEED is responsible for analyzing and ensuring the structural integrity of piping systems in oil and gas facilities. This role involves evaluating the stress, flexibility, and stability of piping systems to ensure they meet industry standards, safety regulations, and operational requirements.
Key Responsibilities :
Stress Analysis : Conduct stress analysis on piping systems using industry-standard software and tools. Identify potential sources of stress, including thermal expansion, pressure, weight, and vibration, and develop mitigation strategies.
FEED and Detailed Engineering : Collaborate with engineering teams during the FEED and detailed engineering phases to provide input on piping design and layout, ensuring that designs are compliant with industry codes and standards.
Code Compliance : Ensure that piping systems adhere to relevant industry codes and standards, such as ASME, API, and ANSI. Verify that designs meet safety and environmental regulations.
Material Selection : Recommend appropriate materials for piping components based on the process conditions and fluid properties to maximize system reliability and longevity.
Support Design : Design pipe supports and restraints to control thermal movement and vibrations while maintaining system integrity.
Load and Stress Calculations : Perform load and stress calculations to determine the effects of thermal expansion, pressure, and other loads on the piping system. Ensure that stresses are within acceptable limits.
Modeling and Simulation : Use computer-aided design (CAD) and finite element analysis (FEA) software to model and simulate piping systems, evaluating stress and strain distribution.
Documentation : Prepare technical reports, stress analysis reports, and documentation to communicate findings and recommendations to project teams and stakeholders.
Quality Assurance : Ensure that all piping-related activities are executed with high quality and in compliance with project specifications and standards.
Interdisciplinary Collaboration : Collaborate with other engineering disciplines, such as process, structural, and mechanical engineers, to address multi-disciplinary design challenges.
Problem Solving : Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to piping stress and provide solutions to complex problems that may arise during project execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Several years of experience in piping stress engineering, with a focus on the oil and gas industry, detail engineering, and FEED.
- Proficiency in piping stress analysis software, such as CAESAR II.
- Strong knowledge of industry codes and standards, including ASME, API, and ANSI.
- Familiarity with CAD and FEA tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- A commitment to safety and a thorough understanding of safety protocols in the oil and gas industry.