First Officer at Subedar Inderjit Singh Medico Valley Foundation
Views:431 Applications:70 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Subedar Inderjit Singh Medico Valley Foundation - Senior Civil Engineer (10-30 yrs)
Job Description :
- Planning, directing and coordinating the work programme of a technical unit concerned with civil engineering functions, including supervision of staff.
- Establishing priorities and work deadlines, reviewing and evaluating technical soundness of analyses provided by engineering staff.
- Developing and maintaining liaison with other units, regional and unit offices, and, as directed,
- Representing the Organization at national/international technical meetings.
- Analysing project proposals for unusually complex engineering projects and recommend solutions to complex problems encountered in project execution.
- Analysing proposals for the development of established guidelines and methods of implementation relating to civil engineering projects, programmes and facilities.
- Leading planning and field missions as a senior technical adviser or team leader.
- Preparing technical studies or reports on complex engineering problems and policy considerations for the development of the engineering programme of the Organization.
Alternative A :
Work at this level involves:
- Providing advice concerning manpower and related training requirements for civil engineering personnel.
- Evaluating field candidates for civil engineer project positions.
- Providing technical analysis of contractor pre-qualification documentation, evaluating tenders for construction work.
- Analysing and advising in the planning, design, construction and maintenance of major projects (e.g., irrigation systems, forest harvesting, road systems, water and sanitation systems.
- Evaluating, reviewing and revising project documents, analysing design specifications included in project proposals for accuracy, soundness, feasibility and cost implications. Recommending solutions to unusual engineering problems.
- Providing specialised advice to other departments and regional offices.
- Conducting technical studies on engineering topics, developing guidelines for the general planning and maintenance of programmes and facilities.
- Keeping abreast, through the relevant literature on civil engineering, of significant trends and the development of improved methods and equipment.
- Participating in planning missions, serving as a secretary or technical adviser to committees meetings.
- Conducting seminars on civil engineering topics related to major programmes for officials of regional units.
Alternative B :
Incumbents at this level service without the direct supervision of a senior civil engineer and are normally located at a large field or regional offices. In addition to those duties listed under alternative A,
Typical duties include :
- Inspecting sites of major facilities in the different zone unit and providing advice and recommendations on the improvement of existing facilities and the development of new facilities.
- Reviewing the status of the application by the zone of standards and recommended practices for the operation of facilities, systems and programmes, and providing guidance to improve levels of application.