Subject Matter Expert - Optical Systems (8-12 yrs)
Key Skill Ask : FTTx design using GIS tools like Arc GIS, NE, Connect master, QGIS
Job Description :
- Looking for a FTTX Subject Matter expert who is well versed in Arc GIs, NIE or QGIS and has experience in FTTX Design with OSP Fiber Construction knowledge and experience handling Overseas Customers.
- Field Installation experience is a must-have and the ability to speak/understand/communicate in French or Spanish is a good to have.
Must Have skills : FTTx design, QGIS, OSP Fiber construction knowledge, Overseas customer handling
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for planning and designing for FTTx technology on GIS tools like Arc GIS, NE, Connect master, QGIS
- Responsible for delivery 100% quality products to customers- at all time
- Ensure end to end tracking for sites with clarifications required from end customer.
- Minimize product rework or rejection and maintain zero rejection where possible
- Good analytical/problem-solving skills
- Should be able to work on different GIS datasets and create new information or investigate patterns using GIS tools
- Communicate with teams for any additional data/clarification required
- Constantly monitor and report on the progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Co-ordination with the Utility company and design team for final power approvals.
Technical Competencies :
- Good blend of telecom domain and technical skills.
- Knowledge of OSP, Fiber, Copper & other emerging technologies
- Planning Designing of Telecom Passive network for FTTx technology
- Good understanding of Optical and copper distribution and last-mile local networks (up to customer premises).
- Good understanding of OSP construction activities
- Understand design aspects for fiber rollout proven experience in people management & change management.
- Strong GIS skills with two or more GIS packages
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Good writing skills - for documentation, training, processes
- Good understanding of OSP/ISP construction activities
- Design optical fibre cable to commercial and residential premises, multi-dwelling units.
- Good knowledge of BOQ and BOM for FTTx Designs
- Information on SOR and Construction Packs
Good to Have but negotiable : French, Spanish, Field installation experience
Any Certifications : CFOS by FOA or equivalent
Technical Skills : FTTx design using GIS tools like Arc GIS, NE, Connect master, QGIS
Education Qualification Preference : B.E./B.Tech
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.