SUN Mobility - TM - Smart Battery/Battery Modelling (4-7 yrs)
TM - Smart Battery/Battery Modelling
- An opportunity to deep-dive into battery modelling techniques starting from developing equivalent circuit models with Kalman filters, physics-based electro-chemical models, and machine learning based data-driven models for understanding and predicting the lithium-ion battery state and performance characteristics over its life when subjected to various operating conditions.
Required Education/Skills :
- M.E./M. Tech in Electrical/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in battery modelling and simulation (industry or academia, e.g. Ph.D.).
- Experienced in developing battery electrical equivalent circuit and lumped thermal models either through academic studies or industrial work.
- Familiar with Kalman filter, Extended Kalman filter etc and tuning.
- Familiar with battery terminologies such as different charge/discharge profiles, HPPC, EIS, OCV, SOC, DOD, SOH, etc.
- Hands-on experience with software: GT-SUITE (AUTO LION), Battery Design Studio, COMSOL.
- Battery non-destructive electrochemical analysis such as dQdV for degradation mechanism identification
- Improve existing tools and models for its enhanced capabilities and for battery predictions
- Scope out and understand cell testing and data analysis, hands-on experience with tools like MATLAB/Simulink, Python, etc.
- Numerical techniques for solving PDE- s, ODE's and algebraic equations
- Familiar with optimization techniques.
- Good communication skills and a team player