Director at Dhruv Corporate HR Solutions Pvt. Ltd
Views:188 Applications:9 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Supervisor - Tape & Weaving - Geosynthetic Industry (3-7 yrs)
Supervisor (Tape & Weaving)
About our consultancy firm - DCSPL :
- Dhruv Corporate (HR) Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is an Executive Search and Selection company with 22 plus years- experience into Total Recruitment Solutions.
- It has established itself as a reliable partner in recruitment - nationally and internationally. Since 1999, DCSPL has been serving the Engineering / Manufacturing, Information Technology, Construction / Infrastructure, Power, FMCG, Pharmaceuticals, Textiles, and healthcare vertical with a bulk of our successful assignments in the Senior and Higher Middle management levels.
Brief about our client :
- With over 50 years of experience in the Geosynthetic industry, they are the pioneers in India, and the 1st Company to be granted a license from the Bureau of Indian Standards. They provide end-to-end solutions for their customer's needs, ranging from consultation and product, to installation and after sales service.
- Industries they serve; Agriculture, Aquaculture, Horticulture, water, Animal husbandry, waste management, construction, and transportation.
EXISTING FACILITY; Built 3 decades back with 60,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space with the latest equipment available.
UPCOMING FACILITY : Under progress with 150,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space with state of the art equipment able to service global markets demanding high quality geosynthetic product
JOB DESCRIPTION : SHIFT SUPERVISOR
Title : Shift Supervisor for Circular Weaving Loom.
Reports to : Production H.O.D/Manager.
Job Purpose :
- To manage the shift and all direct staff.
- To ensure the smooth running of the production process.
- To ensure that all products are produced to the specified specifications.
- Target and deadlines are met to achieve the orders.
- To ensure that all direct staff comply with the company's Health and Safety procedures.
Key Responsibilities :
- To take full responsibility of the shift in terms of management of staff, management of production and quality targets and to ensure the smooth running of the production processes
- To take full responsibility of the quality and product that is produced within the shift in line with the companies quality systems, processes and procedures
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff
- Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance, general issues
- To ensure good communication is given either verbally or written to all members of staff
- To ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shift and all
- matters relating to this are dealt with using the resources within the company in line with the
- companies Health and Safety policy
- Problem solving and troubling shooting skills are used to ensure that all team members can
- identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve the problems in hand
- To work closely with other Shift Supervisors to ensure production handovers are effective communications tools
- To ensure that the training skills are met for current and future demands of the shift
- To have an active role in the companies continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for
- future growth within the company
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace- To be followed 6S culture in Area.
- All employees are responsible for ensuring company resources are used in an effective
- manner to ensure best operating costs
- Be able to make appropriate decisions while following the companies organisational structure
- Maintaining high level of timekeeping is of the
PERSON SPECIFICATION : SHIFT SUPERVISOR
- This is a role for somebody dynamic, energetic, self-driven, results-oriented, and above all who has a positive - can do- outlook with a clear focus on deliverables.
- We are looking for a highly organised, naturally forward planning, logical, structured thinker who critically assesses his/her own performance.
- Mature yet young-at-heart, or young with a mature mind- in either case you will require boundless energy an enthusiasm, yet be credible.
- Empathic communication skills are essential.
- Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to office bases at Luton. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Must be able to work shifts, attended meetings.
- Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate coherently - both verbally and via written media. Understands the principles of manufacturing, and has strong manmanagement skills. Strong leadership planning and organisational skills essential.
- Work experience: Minimum 3-5 years working in a high mass volume manufacturing environment as a Shift Supervisor or within an equivalent capacity. Ideally from a plastics background.
- And finally:Most of all we are looking for genuine potential and ambition to fill this key role within a dynamic, groundbreaking company.
- He will able to handle - Manpower, Materials Management, Maintain Machine Original Condition, Attend Preventive and Periodically maintenance of Machine, understood Opex Concept.
- Maintain daily production target and wastage.
- He should know about Tape Extrusion/Circular weaving loom process and their causes and remedy.
- He should know about Computer -M.S and Word program and as well as Internet Communication.