Recruiter at Accord Consultants
Views:7 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Sustainability Officer - Oil & Gas Industry (7-15 yrs)
The Opportunity: Sustainability Officer
Location: Barmer ( Rajasthan)
Experience : +7 Years of Industry Experience, preferably to the Oil & Gas Sector
Salary Bracket : Rs 10-20 L
- Exposure to asset / plant level environment Mgmt, sustainability reporting, and Hazardous waste handlining & Mgmt related issues both during the construction and operation phase.
- Good understanding of the regulatory requirements wrt Hazardous waste handling, treatment and disposal, best sustainable practice based on circular economy principle and approach to achieve the Zero waste to landfill, GRI reporting and ESG principle and practices. Good communication skills in English and Hindi for carrying out project / field level training.
- Responsible for addressing the sustainability agenda of the company and come out with the Annual Sustainability Report
- Area of Responsibility: Job duties for sustainability officers vary but the following list includes typical job duties that they may encounter
1. Make an overarching strategy for sustainability in organizations with an accompanying mission or vision and clear operating principles
2. Build short and long-range operational planning that incorporates sustainability practices
3. Act as an internal sustainability consultant in the organization to educate colleagues on emerging trends, programs, and issues in sustainability
4. Directly manage all aspects of sustainability initiatives and programs, including administration of office, staff, and budgets
5. Manage sustainable activities such as recycling, energy efficiency, and water conservation
6. Conduct an analysis of current policies, costs and benefits associated with implementing sustainable practices in an organization
7. Develop and implement systems to measure the progress of sustainability initiatives
8. Engage with a variety of stakeholders to ensure that their input is reflected in your organization's sustainability policy
9. Conduct audits and develop quality management and assurance based on client needs
10. Assess buildings on the level of current the efficiency and effectives of sustainability programs
11. Organize awareness sessions on sustainability across various sections of employees
12. Keep abreast of GRI reporting amendments and other organizations such as World Business Council for Sustainable Development
13. Ensure that the data received from all locations are correct.
14. Construct the Sustainability report it, vet it with key stakeholders and get the report assured externally
15. Environment and Safety Management System and Standards such as ISO 14001/45001 and its implementation
16. Understanding & familiarity with the requirements of sustainability standards e.g., ESG, IFC Performance Standards / Equator Principles
Job Knowledge Requirement:
- M. Sc / M. Tech/MS ; either in a sustainability or built environment subject.
- 7+ years experience working in the built environment industry / sustainability sector.
- Understanding of GRI Requirements
- Understanding of Triple Bottom Line Approach and its implications within the organization
- Effective oral & written communication skills, Drive for Results, Timely Decision Making, Functional Excellence, Strategic Capability, Influencing Skills
- Significant experience in at least one of waste and resources or embodied carbon
- Strong understanding of corporate sustainability
- Good technical understanding of sustainability in the built environment.
- Trained in qualitative, quantitative, and digital research methods
- An interest or understanding in system change / business transformation
- A personal interest in environmental and social issues
- Exposure to World Business Council for Sustainable Development and other global Sustainability organizations