System Designer (10-15 yrs)
You are responsible for :
- Leading the development and release of system/ electro-mechanical modules or reverse engineer existing products to improve overall long term system quality, reliability, yield rates, and cost effectiveness.
- Working with a cross-functional team to ensure the design and development of electro-mechanical components to meet the needs of the internal and external customers.
- Working with design partners/suppliers and lead product development activities from design concept to manufacturing release.
- Using modelling and simulation tools to create and modify architectures, 3D designs, and 2D drawings.
- Drive continuous improvement projects related to design implementation, manufacturing process, product quality and reliability.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience :
- M.Tech / B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics or Equivalent Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience in design & development of electro-mechanical sub-systems & systems.
- Strong communication and collaborative abilities, proactively seeks out expertise and advice and input from others in a collaborative team-environment.
- Experience in developing the requirements for electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Knowledge in part qualification and statistical process studies such as CP and CPK and be able to work with suppliers to improve part process capability.
- Experience in lifecycle testing and verification activities of cables to meet functional and lifecycle requirements.
- Experience working with suppliers and design partners, including part/module development and resolving technical issues.
- Strong technical writing/ documentation skills for regulated medical device design environment, including requirements definition.
- Knowledge of good design practices and experienced with DFMEA.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the design meets their expectations and needs, and that the needs/requirements are properly documented.
- Experience with document control systems (E-Matrix, Agile) and FDA/ISO regulated medical device design environment.