Manager - Human Resources at Taru Leading Edge
Views:192 Applications:9 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Taru - Senior Hydrologist (8-12 yrs)
About Taru Leading Edge :
Taru Leading Edge (- Taru- ) is a development advisory and think tank with trans-disciplinary expertise endeavouring to engage with development sector challenges by offering a commitment to cutting edge solutions and insights. Incorporated as a private limited company, Taru's mission is to `bridge the Science-Institutions-Society interface with a core agenda of providing transformative solutions to the development challenges.
Established in 1996 by eminent development professionals, it caters to a diverse range of bilateral and multi-lateral agencies, government departments, corporate and other development organizations through research, technology, solution innovations and implementation support.
For more than two decades, Taru has been working on a range of institutional, financial, economic, social and technical issues across diverse public systems, cultures and corporate formations in more than a third of rural and urban domains of India. Taru also works in South Asian and South-east Asian countries like Afghanistan, Indonesia Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar. The organization is committed to quality, accuracy and succinctness in its consulting and advisory services.
Taru team of professionals have extensive national and international experience, along with a strong network of advisors, consultants, partner institutions, associations from different parts of the world. Taru provides services in development sectoral areas such as Climate Change, Disaster, Urban, Water, Sanitation, CSR, Social Business, Health & Nutrition, Education, Gender, Livelihoods, Social Inclusion, Public policy, Infrastructure Planning, etc.
As part of the continued growth and innovation of our practice, Taru Leading Edge has been working in the Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction domain and is looking to hire a Senior Hydrologist to join our strategic consulting firm. Taru now embarks on a new journey expanding its reach, capacity and business while retaining its core agenda of providing transformative solutions to development challenges.
Profile with Roles and Responsibilities :
- 8-12 years of work experience as a Senior Hydrologist/Engineer; he/she should be well versed in modelling of coastal flooding, surge, rivenrine flooding and have experience in downscaling of climate models
- Proficient understanding and knowledge and relevant skill sets such as Data interpretation, Data Visualization etc.
- Should be able to support technical tasks on climate change modelling and should have experience of relevant frequently used software
- Should be able to evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques and procedures for engineering analysis
- Should have great report writing skills along with preparation of presentations
- Should have great project coordination skills; management of efforts and team on the field
- Should be a great mentor to junior staff to provide a collaborative learning environment
- Exhibit integrity and the highest quality in all activities
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Bring curiosity, collaborative attitude and desire for learning
Qualifications and Skill sets :
Education Qualification :
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. degree in Hydrogeology/Geology/Groundwater Hydrology/Civil Engineering/Water Resources Engineering/Environmental Engineering with a groundwater emphasis
- Comprehensive understanding of basic principles of hydrogeology
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in Modelling as explained above
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
Type of Employment : Permanent/Contractual
Location : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Salary : As per industry standards
Joining Date : Immediate
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.