Principal Lead Consultant at HCS
Views:3958 Applications:226 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Technical Expert - Agriculture (8-15 yrs)
Position Summary :
One of our key clients is an agribusiness company with operations across the world, who are looking to add recruit a Technical Expert - Agriculture into their team in India. The purpose of the role is to oversee the creation of income streams for the organisation's growers and identify business development opportunities for the Agronomy Services.
Key performance areas :
- Training and technical advice to agricultural clients
- Providing agronomic service to farmers
- Reach out to network of farmers, present products, solicit trials
- Consistently increase the number of trials conducted
- Gather, compile, analyze, interpret results and provide progress reports
- Making recommendations to farmers to help achieve efficient crop production
- Soil sampling and analysis
- Conduct educational workshops
- Maintain full responsibility for the implementation of the pilot including land preparation, planting, growing management, harvesting and managing the post-harvest process
- Crop budgeting and planning
- Working with assigned Regional Sales Manager to provide information and education or training to Technical Sales Advisors on product characteristics and product positioning.
- Developing protocols for product usage
- Crop rotation planning recommendations
- Desire to remain updated with new agricultural techniques, trends and practices.
- Providing technical, agronomic and product training.
- Driving the development of new business, taking into consideration the legal structures of the industry
- Must have good overall knowledge of the fertiliser programs and recommendations
- Managing the finance, procurement and digital transformation of the organisation's Agronomy Services division
- Taking an active role with regards to annual budgets
- Identify opportunities to reduce waste and improve efficiencies with a major focus on continuous improvement
- Working closely with the design process of new systems
Required Skills and Qualifications :
- A Master degree with 8 plus years of experience in agriculture or a related field and the ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of agronomy in different contexts and climates
- Solid foundation in a broad range of agriculture subjects preferred, including areas such as agriculture economics, agriculture policy, agribusiness, agronomy, agriculture extension, and market development
- Familiarity with agriculture research integration in project implementation, and experience working to improve private and public extension systems; Experience designing, managing, and implementing agricultural activities
- Must have good overall knowledge of the fertiliser programs and recommendations.
- Must demonstrate public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience managing staff and partner organizations as well as managing relationships and interactions between government officials, university staff, farmers and other stakeholders
- Experience in agronomic programming - working with research and extension agencies (experience specific to rice preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in strategic planning initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills