Senior Consultant at HR Central
Views:234 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Technical Lead - Project Management - Bridges (12-15 yrs)
Qualification & Experience :
- BE (Civil), M Tech (Structures) degree with 12+ years of Bridge Design consulting experience
- Chartered Engineer with ICE or IStructE seeking Fellowship with chosen Institution (Mandatory)
Principal Duties & Key Responsibilities :
The role will be predominantly technical, and the individual will be expected to have a good foundation in the following:
- As an experienced Chartered Engineer, you will provide Technical leadership to an established team of engineers and BIM Modellers supporting the Bridges Team Leader
- You will have responsibility for the final sign-off of design and or checks, of designs or assessments of Bridges and civil structures, ultimately ensuring the designs and associated deliverables are correct and of a high standard.
- As an expert in the field of Bridge engineering you will guide, mentor, and develop the junior members of the team to increase their technical capability and prowess.
- On certain projects you will be expected to undertake design works yourself and lead by example and become a Technical Role Model.
- You will be expected to continue to keep up to date with techniques, software, and codes of Practice
- You will be experienced at presenting to an audience using various communication modes to explain design solutions or teach others in regards to methodology and technical solutions.
- You will have build-ability experience so you can ensure designs are effective and workable.
- As an excellent communicator, you will be a key point of contact between the UK Bridge teams and the Bangalore team.
- To grow enduring, collaborative relations with other Technical Leaders within the Bridges Business Unit
- Be responsible for growing the capability of the team to deliver projects in the UK and overseas in the Highways and Rail Sectors. This will increase the team's autonomy and respect as well as its ability to take on more complex projects
- You will be expected to input into the bidding process on key pursuits
- It is expected that the Bangalore Team will take the leading role in Digital Development with regards to Bridges going forward and you will play an integral part in this transition.
- Undertaking technical reviews and on occasion Inter-disciplinary reviews for projects
- You will link into the Technical Excellence Group within the Business Unit, the Professional Services Board, and the Global Community of Practice for Bridges
- You will have experience and expertise across a wide variety of structural forms, including various materials and all stages of design and assessments.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to :
Technical Leadership :
- Providing technical expertise and assisting clients through technical decision-making and provide alternatives options/solutions if there are changes to project objectives
- Building effective and enduring relationships with other offices to foster co-operation and maximize cross-sell and trade-up opportunities in the relevant specialist field
- Ability to manage and implement BIM/Digital aspects through all project phases
- Have a deep understanding of future trends and technologies
- Drive creative and independent thinking within the team, including around new digital technologies
- Providing reassurance, confidence, and a sense of direction to both client and project team members
- Assisting in the development of the company's talent through coaching and mentoring
- Ensuring awareness of health and safety in all aspects of design and operations
- Detailed understanding of other disciplines and how they interact with bridges and structures
Operational Management :
- Using an understanding of the technical challenges and client business to form the most effective team
- Working with client and stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of project objectives and to set protocols for working together
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, the project strategy, brief, and client requirements
- Seeking and documenting regular feedback from clients on the quality of the company's performance, technical solutions, and delivery and advise on the appropriate mitigation as required
- Implementing innovation in technical issues, problem-solving, and the culture of the team, leading by example
- Undertaking technical reviews for projects
- Can lead and motivate a diverse team
- Identify and implement initiatives to maximize employee engagement
- Can identify and manage risks and resolve issues proactively
- Can contribute towards the leadership business plan and strategy
- Understand and implement best practice with regard to sustainable development
Required Competencies :
- Recognized expert in the field of Bridge Engineering
- Proven ability to network and influence at peer levels
- Developing commercial skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Technical leadership with a passion for problem-solving
- Managing collaboration with UK teams and other regions
- Desire to teach and develop others