Technical Lead - Research & Development - Jewellery (7-20 yrs)
We are retained by our client which is a Diamond Jewellery Manufacturing company. The position is for Technical Lead Research & Development based in Surat. Below details will help understand the position better.
Details on the client:
With over 25 years of experience, Our Client has emerged as a trusted jewellery supplier in the Indian and International markets, committed to providing only the very best. They offer designs and assortments that cater to different communities while keeping in mind the sensibilities and preferences of all consumers. Their jewellery includes a broad range of categories including daily/ work wear, evening/ cocktail jewellery, and exquisite fine jewellery. They are one of the world's leading diamond manufacturers and have state-of-the-art factories equipped with the latest technology, they focus on delivering superior quality diamond jewellery through a highly efficient supply chain- from mines to market Company.
Technical Lead - R&D Location: Surat
To lead the manufacturability of new designs, new technologies and innovations. Interact with and build successful and professional working relationships with the Design, Product Development, Manufacturing (internal and external), New Material Experiment, Strategic Sourcing, Jewellery Supply Planning and other corporate entities to ensure a unified and sustainable approach to designing for manufacturability.
Reporting to : Factory Head/Directors
Key Accountabilities :
Technology, Innovation & Implementation :
- Provide technical leadership related to general engineering and manufacturing, ensuring execution and alignment between development and production
- Ensure the best technical execution of designs from 2D to 3D
- Research and develop innovative jewellery, manufacturing techniques, scope of improvement during the design, concept, and prototyping stages of the product lifecycle to reduce scrap/rework hence, upgrade the product quality
- Attend tradeshows, conferences and provide recommendations for new technologies.
- Coordinate a cross-functional team of Product Technicians, CAD Designers and Quality Assurance to convert and develop designs into fully manufacturable products at best cost, while aligning with overall Company's strategic plans, identity, design integrity and aesthetics, manufacturing needs and capabilities
- Ensure cross functional expertise is optimized throughout development
- Provide and or lead design for manufacturability, fabrication technologies and material properties to ensure robust prototype development and transition into manufacturing, including newly identified methodologies and technologies. Suggest alternatives based on technical limitations and project needs
- Lead phase-gated technical reviews ensuring design verification/validation and alignment of Critical Requirement Documentation, prototypes, technical drawings and manufacturing requirements. Review and comment on jewellery prototypes and pre-production samples
- Ensure timely prototype execution, in compliance with systems and procedures
- Work with suppliers to ensure accuracy and alignment of all product components from concept through launch
Documentation & Data:
- Accurately measure, collect, analyze, present and communicate data and comparative documents to support the design, prototype fabrication and transition to the manufacturing of the new product
- Ensure tools are effectively utilized and cross-functional teamwork occurs. Communicate effectively to keep the team updated on project status, issues, and concerns
- Identify critical issues for consideration that may impact design aesthetic, manufacturing and/or quality of the final product at any point in the production life-cycle
- System entry and verification of all product-related data and project requirements, including but not limited to Bill of Material/Route, cost and work instructions, adhering to SOPs and best practices
- Oversee the accuracy and completion of project timelines, CAD models and drawings, product and tooling estimated costs. Supervise team alignment with file management protocol, including nomenclature and transfer
- Support department metric definition, data collection and reporting. Provide information for department presentations, as needed
- Generate, maintain, track, close and report on all project work orders.
- Consistently be in touch with Merchandisers/Designers to solve their technical hurdles in the process of creating something new.
- Nurture a close working partnership with cross-functional colleagues in order to ensure that the design is timely expressed in the finished product. Understand, formulate and execute design intent
- Provide clear, consistent and timely project status updates detailing progress, issues/concerns and solutions. Provide reports and documentation in meetings. Project Management:
- Strategically work to meet the target costs. Mitigate risk. Provide agile and effective problem-solving, as required
- Take full ownership and make correct decisions, based on the appropriate level of information. Identifying and obtaining information, as needed
- Support and mentor team for skill development
- Adheres to safe work practices and the safety policies of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years related experience
- CAD skills
- Project and document management experience
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft package (Word, Excel, Project)
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to understand, communicate and create technical manufacturing documentation.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.