Principal Consultant at Talent Source
Views:1233 Applications:150 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Technical Service Manager - Lubricants & Additives (10-12 yrs)
Hiring for MNC in to specialty Chemicals
Please go through Job description :
Technical Service Manager :
- Lubricants Additives provides outstanding technical service to MNC Oil Additives customers. As a senior specialist, the He functions as a resource for any technical and lubricant related questions focused on specific product segments and/or customer accounts. He provides application support, executes sales service projects, and coordinates work with other functions within MNC Oil Additives as assigned by the Technical Service Department Manager. Additionally, the He serves as project manager for Key Business Initiatives and Critical Projects as defined by the Business Line. These projects include Cr Rupees business development activities.
Job Description :
- Develops technical need and appreciation for MNC Lubricants l Additives products at assigned accounts.
- Provides ongoing support to customers to maintain current business; advises customers on proper selection and application of products; runs sales service projects and provides results in a format which can be used directly at the customer; supports negotiation of specifications with customers and records findings and results for internal communication and filing.
- Develops and maintains close contacts with customers- technical staff in order to identify technical needs and initiate the necessary steps internally; designs application experiments and evaluates technical data.
- Responsible for Pan India Key Account, MNC contact for all technical matters. Coordinates all activities related to serving PIKA on a Pan India - managing projects, test programs, and customer communication with colleagues Regularly visits PIKA at headquarters location and also travels to affiliate sites around the world.
- Serves as project manager for Key Business Initiatives and Critical Projects, including but not limited to new business development, investment, and acquisition activities. As project manager the He coordinates all aspects of the project, networking cross-functional relationships within MNC and representing the company externally. Investment and Acquisition opportunities are often multi-million Rupees initiatives with significant potential impact on EBITDA. Milestones and reviews are presented to the Business Line Management Team
- Selects the most appropriate product for investigation in consultation with Customer Relations (Sales) and the segment (availability, contribution, etc.); develops new products in coordination with Innovation and Sales teams; defines customer needs as a basis for a chemical product definition for product requests outside the portfolio; follows up on samples delivered.
- Understands market trends and how to use those trends to sell products; provides input on market trends and competitor activities to the business and market intelligence groups
- Provides applications plant support for quality issues, raw material substitutions, customer requested changes, etc.; consults with production and sales on technical customer complaints and production waiver requests.
- Serves as a knowledge resource for entire organization in at least one product line; develops and shares specialized knowledge and formulation know-how; optimizes use of know-how and technical training of the workforce; prepares and gives technical presentations for individual accounts or agents, as requested by Sales.
- Coordinates activities among multiple MNC
- Business Lines to leverage chemistry and expertise outside of Lubricants Additives.
- Maintains a high level of visibility with Lubricants Additives as a stalwart of our technology, application, and processes.
- Mentors emerging scientists and technicians. Provides career guidance to employees in the technical community. Demonstrates strong leadership skills and plays an influential role in the development of scientists.
- Represents MNC Lubricants Additives in industry groups as appropriate and gives input to influence decisions in a positive direction for MNC in coordination with the Business Service Group; provides articles or input to technical literature and presentations at industry and scientific meetings; implements and updates industry standard tests for the product area; develops non-standard tests which may show technical advantage for Lubricants Additives products.
Qualification & Experience :
- Senior Scientist - MSc in chemistry or chemical engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10-12 years experience in lubricant additives industry
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; experience in customer presentations
- Participation in professional and industry groups such as STLE, SAE, and ASTM
- Must be willing to travel Pan India - approximately 40% travel expected.